Dispose of old CDs and DVDs in an environmentally friendly way with our CD and DVD recycling program.
CDs and DVDs are mostly made from plastics (polycarbonate) and metal (aluminium and gold), and like many items we use, they have the potential to be recycled and repurposed into other things of use, such as:
- automotive industry parts
- office equipment
- street lights
- electrical cable insulation.
As CDs and DVDs are not suitable for household recycling bins, this program provides residents with a more sustainable way to dispose of these items, helping to divert even more waste from landfill.
Where can you recycle?
Drop off unwanted CDs and DVDs (including their cases) into designated collection boxes at the following locations:
- HJ Daley Library, cnr Hurley Street and Camden Road, Campbelltown.
- Eagle Vale Central, cnr Feldspar Road and Eagle Vale Drive, Eagle Vale.
- Glenquarie Branch Library, Brooks Street, Macquarie Fields.
- Greg Percival Library, cnr Oxford and Cumberland Roads, Ingleburn.
- Council's Civic Centre, cnr Queen and Broughton Streets, Campbelltown.
- The Gordon Fetterplace Aquatic Centre, The Parkway, Bradbury.
- Macquarie Fields Fitness and Indoor Sports Centre, Fields Road, Macquarie Fields.
- Macquarie Fields Leisure Centre, 52 Fields Road, Macquarie Fields.
CDs and DVDs collected will be sent away for recycling, which will involve removing the metallic coating from the discs and recycling the plastic component. The cases and paper inserts are also recycled.
Things to remember
- These drop off points are for domestic quantities only.
- Please remove any confidential information from data discs before disposal.
- Only CDs, DVDs, their cases and paper inserts will be accepted for recycling.