Hosted by Local Studies Librarian, Andrew Allen, this video looks at the history of the Eschol Park Silos.
ESCHOL PARK SILOS from Campbelltown City Council on Vimeo.
Eschol Park Silos 1982
A barn from the Eschol Park property was constructed around 1820. It once stood on the site of today's Lutheran Church in the suburb of Eschol Park. Silos was built in the early 1900s and stood next to the barn until 1979-1980 when the barn was demolished.
In 1982, a new Silo Centre opened next to Eschol Park House(197KB, PDF). The building which had been grafted onto the silos was a community meeting place and later a retail store, kindergarten and land sales office, before serving as the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church.
Image of 'Eschol Park' off Raby Road, Eschol Park, © 1870. Copyright Campbelltown and Airds Historical Society.
Image of barn at rear of 'Eschol Park', off Raby Road, Eschol Park, © 1979. Copyright Trevor Richardson, Photograph donated to Campbelltown and Airds Historical Society. Richardson Collection (Campbelltown and Airds Historical Society).
Image of barn at rear of 'Eschol Park' off Raby Road, Eschol Park © May 1979. Photograph donated to Campbelltown and Airds Historical Society by Mrs. J.S Lewis. Reproduction rights Campbelltown and Airds Historical Society.
Image of 'The Silo Centre and General Store', 16 Eschol Park Drive, Eschol Park n.d. Copyright Campbelltown City Council. Campbelltown City Council Public Relations Collections (Campbelltown City Library, Local Studies Collection).