The Campbelltown Destination Management Plan (DMP) 2018 was developed to identify Campbelltown's opportunity to capitalise on its location as the southern gateway to Sydney in order to grow Campbelltown's visitor economy and assist in positioning the city as the economic, lifestyle and cultural hub for the greater Macarthur region.
Campbelltown City Council commissioned Strafford Strategy to develop the DMP, which identifies opportunities to sustainably grow Campbelltown's visitor economy. Six main goals have been identified in the DMP including:
- Activating the Campbelltown CBD
- Expanding and diversifying Campbelltown's accommodation and product mix
- Leveraging off Campbelltown's strengths and niches
- Growing and expanding Campbelltown's destination events program
- Stronger destination profiling of the Campbelltown area
- Achieving stronger support and coordination for tourism.
The DMP recognises the potential significance of increased visitation to Campbelltown as a destination for recreation, art and culture, leisure, and a range of other tourism experiences.