Council is required under the Local Government Act 1993 - Section 53 to keep a register of all land vested in it or under its control.
The Land Register(474KB, PDF) comprises of a number of information points including:
- Name of land
- Address of the location of the land
- Reference to title of the land
- The name of the owner of the land
- Whether or not the land is Crown land
- The classification under this part of the land
- Whether or not there is a plan of management for the land
- The zoning (if any) of the land under an environmental planning instrument
- Particulars of any agreement (including any lease or licence) entered into by Council with respect to the land.
The land register will be updated quarterly with any new land that has been dedicated to Council.