Council understands the importance of work experience and hosts more than 250 placements each year.
While we place as many students as possible, due to high demand we are unable to guarantee that all requests for placements will be met.
Where can I do work experience?
We provide work experience opportunities in the following areas:
- Campbelltown Arts Centre
- Child care centres
- Information Management and Technology
- Leisure centres
- Library Services (you must be studying tertiary qualifications in Library Services)
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for work experience, you must:
- provide at least three weeks notice of your requested starting date
- be currently studying (at either high school – Years 10, 11 or 12; TAFE, university or college)
- have current insurance coverage (certificate of currency) from your study institution, covering you for the duration of your placement
- have a current Working With Children Check number (for students who are doing work experience in Child Care and Learn to Swim) for more information please visit www.kids.nsw.gov.au
How do I apply?
To apply for work experience at one of Council's child care centres, please contact the centre directly to discuss a possible placement.
All other work experience
To apply for work experience in one of the listed areas above (excluding child care), please complete a Work Experience Application Form(102KB, PDF) and return it, along with your institution’s current insurance coverage (certificate of currency) to:
Campbelltown City Council
PO Box 57
CAMPBELLTOWN NSW 2560
Fax: 4645 4111
On receipt of your application, a Council officer will contact you to discuss your possible placement.
For further information on work experience opportunities with Council, please contact our Human Resources section on 02 4645 4702.