Campbelltown Billabong Parklands Project
- Project typeParks and playground
- Project scheduleIn Progress
The Campbelltown Billabong Parklands will create a new water attraction that will be a destination facility in the heart of the Campbelltown City Centre.
The state-of-the-art water recreation space is set to revitalise the heart of Campbelltown City and become a landmark facility for Sydney.
The project includes a range of recreational water play facilities, landscaped areas, parklands and amenities over the four hectare site, including a stream, swimming lagoon and a zero-depth play area.
The landscape features of the design are based on the local Dharawal National Park and Georges River to reflect the importance of our local environment and Aboriginal culture.
Construction on the main pool structure of the Campbelltown Billabong Parklands is nearing completion and work has now started on the landscaping and building features of the $31 million Parklands.
The recently completed pool structure includes more than 300,000 individually laid Sukabumi Stone tiles, which bring out a range of vibrant green tones in the water to reflect the natural water features of the Dharawal National Park, on which the design of the Billabong Parklands is based.
The project’s construction timeline has been updated following the appointment of Landscape Solutions as main landscape and building contractor, with completion expected in Q3 of the 2023/2024 financial year, subject to weather.
The project is funded by Council, the Australian Government and NSW Government under the Western Sydney Liveability Program ($31 million) and additional funding for gateway areas around the site provided by the NSW Government Public Spaces Legacy Fund ($3.6 million).
- Series of rock pools with streams between
- Lagoon that will be up to 2 m deep
- Zero-depth water play area with a range of interactive water elements
- Inspired by the rapids, waterfalls and rock pools of the Dharawal National Park
- Open spaces and native tree plantings.
What will the enhancements include?
- Efficient filtration and pump systems to each of the pools
- Extensive integrated art that represents the Campbelltown community and Aboriginal culture
- Enhanced landscape features and services ready for the provision of any commercial opportunities in the future.
Apex Park, The Pkwy, Bradbury 2560 View Map