Upgrades to the Eagle Vale Drive and Spitfire Drive intersections of Raby Road are progressing. JK Williams have been appointed as the new contractor for this Federal Government funded project.
What will the works include?
- Replacing of the roundabout at Eagle Vale Drive/ Raby Road with traffic lights
- New traffic lights at the intersection of Spitfire Drive/ Raby Road
- Installing new shared footpaths for pedestrians and cyclists
- Widening the road for slip lanes for Eagle Vale Drive to Raby Road (North) and Raby Road to Eagle Vale Drive (West)
- Pedestrian crossing facilities at traffic signals
- Landscaping along roadside and central median.
What are the hours of construction?
The hours of construction will be as follows, weather permitting:
- Monday to Friday, 7am to 5pm
- Saturdays, 7am to 2pm.
We will let you know in advance if we need to do any work outside of these hours.
Will there be altered road conditions?
Yes, the following road conditions will be in place:
| Lane closures and a 40km/h speed limit will be in place during work hours and may affect travel times.
|A bus shelter located in the vicinity on Raby Road will be relocated nearby, so keep an eye out for that.
|No right turn from Spitfire Drive on to Raby Road during construction and after completion. You will need to access Raby Road using alternate routes.
This project is funded by the Australian Government $200 million Local Roads Package as part of the Western Sydney Infrastructure Plan.
Take a look at our Over To You page to see more about the Upgrades to Raby Road.