When is the race?
The race is on Sunday 11 March 2018.
Where is the race?
The race will take place in the beautiful and scenic grounds of The Australian Botanic Garden, Mount Annan – enter via Narellan Rd only.
What are the age limits for the races?
6km – minimum age is 5 years old.
11km – minimum age is 8 years old.
What are the start times of each race?
6km – 8:00am.
11km – 8:00am.
Online entries close at 11.59pm on Wednesday 7 March 2018.
How do I know if my payment has been processed online?
You can confirm your entry online.
Where else can I pay my entry fee?
In person at
- Campbelltown City Council (Customer Service Centre - Ground Floor, Cnr Queen and Broughton Streets, Campbelltown. Opening hours 8.30am to 4.30pm Mon - Fri)
- Eagle Vale Central (Customer Service Centre, Emerald Drive, Eagle Vale from 9.00am to 8.30pm Mon - Fri, 8.00am to 5.30pm Saturdays and 7.30am to 4.30pm Sundays).
Note: In person entries close at 4.30pm on Friday 2 March 2018.
How much does it cost to participate?
Check out the full list of entry fees for entering the event.
Is my entry fee refundable or transferrable?
No, entry fees are not refundable or transferable.
When do I get my race pack?
- If you register by Wednesday 14 February in person before 4.30pm or online before 11:59pm, your race pack will be posted to the nominated address on your entry form.
- If you register from Thursday 15 February please see the further information about registration and race packs.
What’s in my race pack?
Race packs contain your chest bib and timing chip.
What happens if I lose my race bib before the event?
A replacement race bib will be issued on race day at an additional $22 fee.
Can teams enter to walk?
Teams can enter to walk either the 6km or 11km endurance walk. A team can have any number of members beyond the minimum of four however all team members must compete over the same distance. See our team competition rules.
Can teams enter on the day of the event?
No. Teams must submit their entries in person before 4.30pm Friday 2 March 2018 or online before 11.59pm Wednesday 7 March 2018.
Do the school team participants have to be from the same school?
Yes, students must be from the same Primary or High School to be eligible to race together as a team. Teachers and parents cannot be part of a school team however they can enter as an Open team.
Can teams be mixed gender?
Yes all teams can comprise of both males and females.
What should I wear to walk?
Please put on proper sportswear and running shoes. Remember to put the chest bib number on your chest clearly visible at all times during the race to enable race officials to identify your race number.
Do I need to report to any official for check in upon arrival on race day?
If you registered before Wednesday 14 February and did not receive your bib in the mail, you need to go collect it from the ‘Late Registration’ area anytime between 6:30am to 7:45am before the race starts. You will be required to show your E-ticket and a valid personal identification.
Can my friend(s), pet(s) or children walk with me?
Friends and children can walk with you if they are registered in the event. Strollers/Prams are welcome in the event. However, domestic pets, rollerblades, skates, scooters, skateboards and bikes are not permitted in the 6km or 11km events.
Will there be cut off times for the races?
Yes. In order to provide an orderly organised competition for participants, the cut off time will be set at 10.00am.
Is the course very hilly?
The 6km and 11km events are held at the Australian Botanic Garden, Mount Annan, with scenic views of the city and surrounding hills. A gradual incline course has been designed which navigates throughout the gardens.
Where are the drink stations located?
There are two drink stations strategically located around the course. For more information on drink station locations see our course map with water stations(537KB, PDF)
What type of fluids will be provided around the course?
Water is the only drink provided at the stations along the course and at the finish area.
Where are the first aid stations?
First aid stations will be located at the Finish Area and on the walking course - see our course map with first aid stations(537KB, PDF)
Where are the toilets located?
There are toilet blocks around the walking track and port-a-loos will also be available - see course map(537KB, PDF)
Will there be food and refreshment at the event?
The Rotary Club of Campbelltown will provide a BBQ service, selling food and drinks to raise funds for their community and youth projects. A coffee van will be also selling coffee and tea for you to purchase.
Is there child minding on the day?
Yes, free child minding is available from 7.15am to 10.00am for race participants. Child must be aged 4 to 12 years. You must indicate your preference for child minding on your entry.
Baggage store and lost property
Where can I store my bags during the race?
Bag storage facility will be offered on event day. The bag storage will be located near the Late Registration area.
What do I do if I find lost property and how do I collect lost property?
Lost property can be taken to the Late Registration area. At the end of the event lost items will be taken to the Event Coordinator and logged at Campbelltown City Council. All lost property will be kept for a minimum of two weeks at Campbelltown City Council before it is donated to charity.
Event rules and conditions
What are the event rules and conditions?
Here is the list of event rules, regulations and conditions for the event.
Where and when can I check my results?
The results will be posted on our results page shortly after the completion of the race.
Trophies and prizes
Do you receive any awards for participating?
Yes, there will be a participation certificate awarded to all finishers. The certificate will not be posted to you. You can download your finisher’s certificate on our website by typing in your race bib number or full name.
Campbelltown City Council provides free internet services are available at the following libraries:
Will there be any presentations?
Yes, trophy and prize presentations will commence at 10:00am for age and team category winners. See full listing of trophies and prizes
Can I see the official photos that are taken on the day?
Yes, photos will be uploaded to our Facebook page after the event.
Can I purchase photos that are taken on the day?
Yes, by entering your chest plate number or last name into the official Marathon Photos box your photos will be displayed for purchase.
Transport and parking
- Aim to arrive around 7.00am. Click here for City Rail train times.
- A free bus service kindly provided by BUSABOUT, will link Campbelltown Railway Station and The Australian Botanic Garden, Mount Annan.
- This bus will depart from Campbelltown Railway Station’s ‘B’ rank at 7am.
- It will depart from the Garden at approximately 11.30am, to return to Campbelltown Railway Station.
- All entrants intending to use this free bus service must submit their entry form before Wednesday 15 February and tick the “FREE Bus Service Required” box on the form.
- Aim to arrive around 7.00am. Get Directions.
- Enter at Narellan Road, less than 2km west of Narellan Road off-ramp from M5/Hume Highway
- Special parking arrangements will be in place.
- To ensure smooth traffic flow into the event site, parking will not be permitted on Mount Annan Drive. All vehicles will be directed to parking areas inside the Botanic Garden.
- A “drop-off zone” will be provided within the entry gates.
NOTE: Accessible parking spaces are limited and will be available upon request for participants with Disabled Parking permit.