The Campbelltown Cares Grants of up to $2000 are being made available for local small businesses, as well as community and not for profit organisations to help them meet the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Applicants must ensure that they meet the eligibility and selection criteria, and compete the online application form by Friday 29 May, 2020.
Community and not-for-profit organisation grant guidelines
Campbelltown Cares Grants are being made available for essential emergency support for community service providers during the COVID-19 crisis.
Key funding priorities may include support related to:
- Food security
- Delivering essentials to communities
- Domestic Violence
- Reducing social isolation
- Reducing the digital divide.
Campbelltown Council Cares Grants of up to $2000 are available.
Eligibility and selection
Organisations eligible for grants must be;
- Incorporated not-for profit or community organisations, or
- Auspiced by an incorporated not-for profit or community organisation.
Projects and programs
Projects/programs eligible for grants must;
- Exclusively or predominantly serve communities within the Campbelltown Local Government Area (LGA)
- Have no alternate funding sources available (i.e. would not proceed or expand without the grant)
- Can be rapidly deployed (commence within 2 weeks).
Selection criteria which will be considered where excess applications are received;
- Proposed response to a demonstrated intensified or emerging COVID-19 related need
- Urgent need that will have a detrimental effect on the community if not dealt with immediately
- Evidence of a coordinated approach to service delivery and the development of responses to emerging social issues
- Contribution to strengthened formal and informal support networks.
Small business support grant guidelines
The Small Business Support Grant is aimed at assisting businesses to develop or improve their e-commerce capabilities; online/digital and social media marketing; business pivoting and/or business plan during the COVID-19 crisis.
Campbelltown small business grants of up to $2000 are available.
- Be a ‘for-profit’ business
- Have an ABN registered in Campbelltown Local Government Area (LGA)
- Conduct their trade from within the Campbelltown LGA
- Have an annual turnover of less than $5 million
- Employ less than 10 full time equivalent staff
- Be able to commence the project/activity within two weeks of receiving the grant
- Be able to complete the project/activity before 1 December 2020.
What can/cannot be applied for?
An application of up to $2000 for activities undertaken by your business to develop and/or improve your e-commerce capabilities, online/digital and social marketing; and/or business plan. This may include:
|Developing or enhancing your business website
|Expansion of business into e-commerce/online shopping
|Undertaking paid business improvement courses/coaching or advice for business planning and/or improvement
|Pivoting of product/service offer to take advantage of emerging opportunities
|Business planning/business improvement course or advice or coaching.
Activities this grant does not support include:
|Core daily and ongoing operational activities and the payment of salaried staff
|Activities that have already been undertaken and paid for
|Activities related to the sale or promotion of religious and political activities, alcohol, tobacco, drugs, pornography, and any illegal activity
|Any activity where there is an actual or perceived conflict of interest, it is not in the public's interest, or if it is not in accordance with Council policies and procedures.
A third party quote(s) for the activity or project must be provided.
A recent profit and loss, and balance sheet statement must be provided.
Businesses are encouraged to access the Business Connect free business advisory service to help identify strategies and opportunities to confront their business challenges. This service is offered through the Western Sydney Business Centre.
Request a free business advice session
How to apply
Apply for grant (Online application)
Submissions close: Friday 29 May 2020.