The achievements and contributions of women in Campbelltown will be celebrated at International Women’s Day events throughout March.
A host of community events and initiatives are planned including, craft workshops, business networking events and workshops and promotional offers.
The official date for International Women’s Day is Sunday 8 March.
“International Women’s Day celebrates the important contributions of women in our community,” Mayor George Brticevic said.
“There are many impressive women in the Campbelltown community who take leadership roles in business, government, sports and all other aspects of life,” Cr Brticevic said.
“This is a day to celebrate those people but also to empower the next generation of young women to follow in their footsteps and excel in whatever they choose to do,” he said.
Council is partnering with Wests League Club, Leumeah to host Women of Campbelltown, a morning of conversation and food with inspiring female leaders of our city on Wednesday 11 March from 10am to 12pm.
Campbelltown Citizen of the Year and local business entrepreneur, Emma Macfarlane is among the female leaders who will speak on the day.
Campbelltown Active is offering free seven-day memberships to all new female members at Council’s pools and gyms.
Other events include:
· Family Harmony and Healthy Relationships Pamper Day – Tuesday 3 March
· Let’s Celebrate International Women’s Day – Wednesday 4 March
· Create and Learn: Creative Card Making Workshop – Friday 6 March
· International Women’s Day at the Macarthur Nigh Markets – Friday 6 March
· Dharawal Indigenous Guided Walk for women and children – Saturday 7 March
· Sip and Sew – Thursday 12 March
· WILMA Women’s Health and Wellbeing Event – Monday 16 March
Women in Business Leadership Program – Thursday 26 March to Wednesday 20 May