You may want to upgrade your browser. We have detected you are using Internet Explorer 10 or earlier. It is recommended that you update your browser to the latest version to get a better user experience. Find out more

Your JavaScript is disabled, we suggest you enable it to improve your Council website user experience.
Skip to main content Menu
Main Content Anchor

Dog & Cat Registrations

Cats and dogs have to be registered under the Companion Animals Act, 1998 (there are exceptions). The registration fees are a one-off payment for the life of the pet. All companion animals must be registered by the age of 6 months.

The Companion Animals Regulation, 2008 has recently been amended to increase fees for the registration of companion animals commencing 1 July, 2017.

The new fee structure set down by the State Government is as follows:

  • $201 for an entire cat or dog (that is, not desexed)
  • $55 for desexed dog or cat (sterilisation certificate required)
  • $23 for eligible pensioners, only if the dog or cat is desexed (pension card and sterilisation certificate required)
  • $55 for an animal that is not desexed and kept by a recognised breeder for breeding purposes (Current RNSWCC membership, pedigree certificate and letter stating the animal will be kept for breeding purposes is required)
  • $27.50 for a desexed animal purchased from a Council pound or animal shelter (adoption from Animal Welfare League, RSPCA, Council shelter after 30/10/15, adoption paperwork and sterilization certificate required)

You can make payment for your dog or cat registration at:

Council (Cnr Queen and Broughton Street, Campbelltown)

  • Weekdays between 8.30am - 4.30pm

Animal Care Facility (2 Rose Street Campbelltown - off Blaxland Road)

  • Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm
  • Saturday between 9am - 12pm


Once you have created a profile on the NSW Pet Registry you can make payment for your lifetime registration fees online. You can also log back in at any time to update your contact details, notify your pet as missing and transfer ownership. Please note if you have an assistance or working dog, you will need to register your dog in person at Council or the Animal Care Facility.

Further information and forms are available on the Dogs and Cats section of the Office of Local Government website.

For information regarding updating your details (including change of address), selling or changing owners of a pet, and notification of the death of a pet, please see the Identification of your pet page.

If you have any questions regarding registration, you can contact Council on 4645 4000 or the Animal Care Facility on 4645 4790. Or if you prefer, you can email your enquiry to


Back to top Back to top