Steps to Healthy Swimming
As recommended by NSW Department of Health:
- Don’t swim if you have had diarrhoea in the last two weeks.
- Do shower and wash thoroughly with soap before entering the pool.
- Don’t swallow pool water as it may contain germs.
Did you know?
Infants who are not toilet trained are most likely to spread germs in the pool. To avoid this happening:
- Make sure they use the toilet before entering the pool and wear tight fitting waterproof pants at all times.
- Change nappies regularly – not beside the pool but in the change rooms.
- After changing the nappy throw out the waste and wash your hands thoroughly with soap.