Prevent your child from drowning
Please note that lifeguards are not babysitters.
- You are responsible for your children at all times
- Children aged 0-5 years and non-swimmers must be accompanied by a parent/guardian, who must maintain continuous supervision and remain within arm's reach
- Children 6-10 years and weak swimmers must be accompanied by a parent/guardian, who must be close, monitor and maintain constant visual contact and be prepared to assist children if needed
- Children aged 11-14 years must be accompanied by a parent/guardian, who must maintain constant visual contact
- Children 11 years and older may be non-swimmers or weak swimmers and parental supervision should be not restricted by age in these circumstances.
For further details on keep watch at public pools visit Royal Life Saving Society - Australia