You may want to upgrade your browser. We have detected you are using Internet Explorer 10 or earlier. It is recommended that you update your browser to the latest version to get a better user experience. Find out more

Your JavaScript is disabled, we suggest you enable it to improve your Council website user experience.
Site wide emergency announcement. Site wide alert announcement. Site wide alert resolved. Latest Council update regarding COVID-19.
Site wide emergency announcement. Site wide alert announcement. Site wide alert resolved. Our administration offices and some services will be closed on Tuesday 26 January and will reopen on Wednesday 27 January 2021. Find out more about changes to our operating hours for the Australia Day public holiday.
Skip to main content Menu
Main Content Anchor

Family Day Care or Home Based Care FAQs


Campbelltown's response to COVID-19

The safety of our community, customers and staff is our top priority.

Stay up-to-date with what Council is doing.


What is Child Care Subsidy (CCS)?

CCS (Child Care Subsidy) is an assistance from the Federal Government to help families using approved child care with the cost of their child care .

From 2 July 2018, the Child Care Subsidy (CCS) replace the current Child Care Benefit (CCB) and Child Care Rebate (CCR). This new child care package will be paid directly to your child care service.

How do I apply for CCS?

You will need to register and complete a Child Care Subsidy assessment using your Centrelink online account through myGov , or you may not receive any child care fee assistance.

Once assessed, you will receive a notice from the Department of Human Services to confirm your eligibility.

Do I need to pay advance fees?

You will need to pay advance fees of one week's full fees to your educator when care commences. These fees will be refunded when you give two weeks notice to terminate care, provided no fees are outstanding.

How do I pay my child care fees?

Fee payments are made directly to your Family Day Care educator on the first day of care each week or by individual agreement with your educator.

What are absences and how many am I allowed?

Child Care Subsidy is paid for a child's absences from care for up to 42 days per financial year. Once your child has reached 42 days of allowable absences Child Care Subsidy is not paid for any further absences. This means that if your child is absent again because they are sick or on holiday your will have to pay full fees for the day/s they are absent.

How much notice do I need to cease care?

If you wish to cease care, you are required to provide two weeks written notice.

What forms of communication can I expect from Family Day Care?

Parents will receive various forms of communication from the Family Day Care Coordination unit including parent newsletters, courtesy phone calls, Education Support Officer visit slips. Parents should feel free to contact the administration team at any time should they have any enquiries or concerns.

Help save the environment! You will be asked to provide an email address when you enrol in our services. Statements, parent newsletters and other information will be sent to you electronically.

Back to top Back to top