You may want to upgrade your browser. We have detected you are using Internet Explorer 10 or earlier. It is recommended that you update your browser to the latest version to get a better user experience. Find out more

Your JavaScript is disabled, we suggest you enable it to improve your Council website user experience.
Site wide emergency announcement. Site wide alert announcement. Site wide alert resolved. Our Animal Care Facility is currently closed to the public with visits by appointment only for owners to reclaim their lost pets.
Site wide emergency announcement. Site wide alert announcement. Site wide alert resolved. We are continuing to monitor the evolving situation with COVID-19. For up-to-date information on Council services and advice, please see our Campbelltown's response to COVID-19 page.
Site wide emergency announcement. Site wide alert announcement. Site wide alert resolved. Our pools are open and bookings are now available to use our gym facilities. Find out what's on and how to book.
Skip to main content Menu
Main Content Anchor

Long Day Care FAQs


Campbelltown's response to COVID-19

The safety of our community, customers and staff is our top priority.

Stay up-to-date with what Council is doing.

What is an orientation appointment?

An orientation appointment is a compulsory appointment where you and your child will attend the service prior to enrolment. At the orientation, your child will have an opportunity to play and interact with the children already in care, while educators go through your enrolment form with you to determine whether they can meet your care needs.

At the orientation, you will be able to get a feel for the educational environment and find out more about the service routines and educational learning programs before you proceed to commence enrolment and start care.

What is included in my child care fees?

High quality education and care delivered through individualised educational programs, provided by qualified early childhood educators.

Each service has a trained cook who prepares nutritious breakfast, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea each day for the children. Our cooks will cater for your child's special dietary requirements (e.g. allergies, vegetarian and Halal).

What is Child Care Subsidy (CCS)?

Child Care Subsidy (CCS) is an assistance from the Federal Government to help families using approved child care, with the cost of their child care fees.

How do I apply for CCS?

You will need to register and complete a Child Care Subsidy assessment using your Centrelink online account through myGov, or you may not receive any child care fee assistance.

Once assessed, you will receive a notice from the Department of Human Services to confirm your eligibility.

What are advance fees?

Advance fees are charged at the full fee rate and reflect your child's current attendance. Advance fees are fully refundable, provided your account is up to date and you have given two weeks written notice to cease care and your child attends their last booked day of care.

Advance fees are charged at full fees in case there are any problems with receiving your Child Care Subsidy (due to absences or cancellation of CCS eligibility etc).

When do I need to pay my fees?

Our policy is that at a minimum, child care accounts are kept one week in advance. Fees may also be paid fortnightly or monthly, however, this must always be in advance, not arrears.

What happens if I don't pay my fees on time?

If your account is not up to date, you will be issued with a letter and an invoice outlining the arrears and a date that they are to be paid by.

If your fees are still not paid by the date shown on the letter and you have not spoken to the Administration Team to make alternative arrangements, the service will not be able to accept your children into care until payment is made or a payment plan has been arranged with the Administration Team.

If a payment is not received, your child’s place at the service will no longer be available and any outstanding fees will be deducted from your advance fees.

What do I need to bring to the service each day?

All of your child's belongings need to be labelled with their name:

  • A sun hat (legionnaires or bucket type) for all year round clearly labelled with your child’s name
  • Spare clothes, 1 to 2 sets (including undies and socks)
  • Bed sheets for rest time, in a pillow case
  • A bag for belongings that your child can undo and do up
  • Soft toy for rest time, if your child needs one
  • Supportive closed in shoes that fit (sandshoes, sneakers or sandals in summer). No thongs, reef shoes or crocs please
  • A top with sleeves (singlet tops and strappy dresses do not provide adequate sun protection).

In winter please also provide:

  • Warm coat, sloppy joe or jumper
  • Gloves
  • Blanket and sheet for rest time.

For babies and toddlers please also provide the following:

  • Enough baby formula made up for the day in your baby’s plastic bottle or a bottle with boiled water in it and a segregated container with formula correctly measured. Please label bottles and container with your child’s name and give them to staff when you get to the service so they can place the bottles in the fridge
  • 3 complete sets of clothes
  • 2 dummies (if needed)
  • Favourite rest time toy (if needed)
  • Disposable nappies (at least 5 per day)
  • Numerous pairs of training pants (when necessary).

What are absences and how many am I allowed?

Child Care Subsidy is paid for a child's absences from care for up to 42 days, per financial year. Once your child has reached 42 days of allowable absences, a medical certificate must be provided for Child Care Subsidy to be paid.

How much notice do I need to cease care?

If you wish to cease care, you are required to provide two weeks written notice.

How do I receive a refund of my advance fees?

You will need to complete an electronic refund form which can also be made available to you at the service. The electronic refund form should be completed and submitted at the same time as your ceasing care form.

What if I am late picking up my child?

The first time you pick up your child late, you will be given a reminder about the service’s hours of operation.

If this occurs again a charge of $36 for the first 15 minutes, then $5 per minute, per family that you were late will be added to your child care account.

If you are late picking up your child a third time a charge of $36 or the first 15 minutes, then $5 per minute that you were late will again be added to your child care account and your child’s position at the service will be reviewed.

The above procedure will be implemented for one or more occasions in a calendar year.

How will I receive information from Education and Care Services?

You can help us save the environment.

You will be asked to provide an email address when you enrol in our services. Statements, parent newsletters and other information will all be sent to you electronically.

Parents should feel free to contact the Administration Team at any time should they have any enquiries or concerns.

  • Call our team on 02 4645 4443
  • Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Back to top Back to top