The answers to some frequently asked questions about long day care.
This is a compulsory appointment where you and your child attend the service prior to enrolment. Your child will have an opportunity to play and interact with the children already in care, while educators go through your enrolment form with you to determine whether they can meet your care needs.
At the orientation, you will be able to get a feel for the education environment and find out more about the service routines and educational learning programs before you proceed to an enrolment appointment and pay fees to start care.
High quality education and care delivered through individualised educational programs, provided by qualified early childhood educators. Each service has a trained cook who prepares nutritious breakfast, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea each day for the children. Our cooks will cater for your child's special dietary requirements (e.g. allergies, vegetarian and Halal).
CCS (Child Care Subsidy) is an assistance from the Federal Government to help families using approved child care with the cost of their child care .
From 2 July 2018, the Child Care Subsidy (CCS) replace the current Child Care Benefit (CCB) and Child Care Rebate (CCR). This new child care package will be paid directly to your child care service.
You will need to register and complete a Child Care Subsidy assessment using your Centrelink online account through myGov , or you may not receive any child care fee assistance.
Once assessed, you will receive a notice from the Department of Human Services to confirm your eligibility.
Advance fees are charged at the full fee rate and reflect your child's current attendance. Advance fees are fully refundable, provided your account is up to date and you have given two weeks written notice to cease care and your child attends their last booked day of care.
Advance fees are charged at full fees in case there are any problems with receiving your Child Care Subsidy (due to absences or cancellation of CCS eligibility etc.).
Council's policy is that at a minimum child care accounts are kept one week in advance. Fees may also be paid fortnightly or monthly however, this must always be in advance not arrears.
If your account is not up to date, you will be issued with a letter and an invoice outlining the arrears and a date that they are to be paid by.
If your fees are still not paid by the date shown on the letter and you have not spoken to the administration team to make alternative arrangements, the service will not be able to accept your children into care until payment is made or a payment plan has been arranged with the administration team.
If a payment is not received your child’s place at the service will no longer be available and any outstanding fees will be deducted from your advance fees.
All of your child's belongings need to be labelled with their name.
- A sun hat (legionnaires or bucket type) for all year round clearly labelled with your child’s name.
- Spare clothes 1 – 2 sets (include undies and socks).
- Bed sheets for rest time in a pillow case.
- A bag for belongings that your child can undo and do up.
- Soft toy for rest time, if your child needs one.
- Supportive closed in shoes that fit (sandshoes, sneakers or sandals in summer). No thongs, reef shoes or crocs please.
- A top with sleeves (singlet tops and strappy dresses do not provide adequate sun protection)
In winter please also provide:
- Warm coat, sloppy joe or jumper;
- Blanket and sheet for rest time.
For babies and toddlers please also provide the following:
- Enough baby formula made up for the day in your baby’s plastic bottle or a bottle with boiled water in it and a segregated container with formula correctly measured. Please label bottles and container with your child’s name and give them to staff when you get to the service so they can place the bottles in the fridge.
- 3 complete sets of clothes – labelled.
- 2 dummies (if needed) – labelled.
- Favourite rest time toy (if needed).
- Disposable nappies (at least 5 per day) – labelled.
- Numerous pairs of training pants (when necessary).
Child Care Subsidy is paid for a child's absences from care for up to 42 days per financial year. Once your child has reached 42 days of allowable absences, a medical certificate must be provided for Child Care Subsidy to be paid.
If you wish to cease care, you are required to provide two weeks written notice.
You will need to complete an electronic refund(154KB, PDF) form which is available at the service, on Council's website or from the administration team. The electronic refund form should be completed and submitted at the same time as your ceasing care form(152KB, PDF)
The first time you pick up your child late then you will be given a reminder about the service’s hours of operation.
If this occurs again a charge of $36.00 for the first 15 minutes or part thereof, then $5.00 per minute per family that you were late will be added to your child care account.
If you are late picking up your child a third time a charge of $36.00 or the first 15 minutes or part thereof, then $5.00 per minute that you were late will again be added to your child care account and your child’s position at the service will be reviewed.
The above procedure will be implemented for one or more occasions in a calendar year.
Help save the environment! You will be asked to provide an email address when you enrol in our services. Statements, parent newsletters and other information will be sent to you electronically.