NAIDOC Week, For Our Elders!
Join us during NAIDOC Week, this year held from 2 - 9 July 2023 and help us celebrate the history, culture and achievements at our NAIDOC week celebrations.
About NAIDOC Week
NAIDOC Week is a time to celebrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander history, culture and achievements and recognise the contributions our Indigenous Australians make to our country and our communities across the Nation.
This year's National NAIDOC Week theme is For Our Elders.
Campbelltown has strong leadership and guidance from our Elders. They are the cultural knowledge holders and they share that knowledge with their families and the community. They are advocates for the voice of the First Nation's people. They guide current and future generations. Their tireless work and struggles will benefit generations to come.
We acknowledge and celebrate our past and present Elders and we thank them for the wisdom they will pass on to future leaders.
What's on during NAIDOC week
Community Events - Monday 3 July 2023
NAIDOC Flag Raising Ceremony - 9:30 to 10:30am
Where: Campbelltown City Council's forecourt - 91 Queen Street, Campbelltown.
- Join us for the NAIDOC Flag Raising Ceremony that will open the celebrations for NAIDOC week in Campbelltown City
- In the case of wet weather, the Flag Raising Ceremony will be held in Campbelltown Council's Civic Hall.
Street March - Assemble at 10:30am
Where: Outside Campbelltown City Council - 91 Queen Street, Campbelltown
Community Connection Day - 11am to 3pm
Where: Campbelltown Arts Centre Forecourt - 1 Art Gallery Road, Campbelltown.
- This year, the Community Connection Day event will include a range of exciting activities for everyone to enjoy.
- In the event of wet weather the event will be relocated inside Campbelltown Civic Hall - 91 Queen Street, Campbelltown
What you can enjoy on the day
Football Event -Wednesday 5 July 2023
NAIDOC Touch Football Competition - 9am to 4pm
Where: Benham Oval, Guernsey Avenue, Minto
- The annual NAIDOC Touch football competition is hosted by Campbelltown City Police and Campbelltown City Council
- For more information about this event, please contact Vennessa Tompkins via email email@example.com
Or, take a moment to watch
Video: Welcome to Country performed by Elder Aunty Glenda Chalker to acknowledge the First People of Australia.
Welcome to Country from Campbelltown City Council on Vimeo.
Sunday, 02 July 2023 | 12:00 AM
- Sunday, 09 July 2023 | 11:59 PM
Other, 91 Queen Street, Campbelltown, 2560, View Map