National Sorry Day 2023
National Sorry Day is an annual day of commemoration and remembrance of the Indigenous Australians impacted by government policies of forcible removal that resulted in the Stolen Generations, held on the 26th May each year.
Sorry Day Commemoration
The 2023 Sorry Day event will be held on
- Friday 26 May / 10.30am - 2pm
- 10.30am-11.30am: Community morning tea, performances and workshops
- 11.30-12.30pm: Official proceedings (Event opening, performances and speeches)
- 12.30-2pm: Community lunch, performances and workshops
- Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan / National Herbarium of New South Wales / Narellan Rd, Mount Annan
We invite all local community members of the Macarthur, Liverpool and Wingecarribee areas to come together to commemorate National Sorry Day.
We hope to heal through sharing stories of strength and resilience of the survivors of the Stolen Generations.
Friday, 26 May 2023 | 10:30 AM
- 02:00 PM
Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan
National Herbarium of New South Wales
Park and/or Reserve, 362 Narellan Rd, Mount Annan, View Map