Code Club is a free four week program for young people aged 8 - 14 years.
Using Scratch, a visual programming language, participants will learn how to use code to create computer games and animations in a fun, relaxed environment. Registration required as places are strictly limited.
Frequently Asked Questions
When and where will Code Club Meet?
Code Club runs for 4 weeks after school hours during each school term.
Term 1: Code Club meets every Tuesday afternoon at HJ Daley Library, commencing 19 February to 12 March from 4pm - 5pm.
Term 2: Code Club meets every Wednesday afternoon at Greg Percival Library, commencing 22 May to 12 June from 4pm - 5pm.
Term 3: Code Club meets every Thursday afternoon at Eagle Vale Library, commencing 8 August to 29 August from 4pm - 5pm.
Term 4: Code Club meets every Thursday afternoon at Glenquarie Library, commencing 31 October to 21 November from 4pm - 5pm.
Who runs the classes?
Library staff will present the code club sessions. Staff members may change from session to session.
How do I sign up?
Registration opens every school holidays through Eventbrite. Places are limited.
If you miss out this term, registration will be open again next school holidays.
Keep an eye out for other coding activities in the library throughout the year.
How much does it cost? What do I bring?
Code Club is a free library program for young people. Laptops and lesson resources will be provided.
Terms and conditions:
- Members of Code Club must be aged 8 - 14 years.
- Sessions run from 4pm - 5pm. Please arrive on time so you do not miss out on any fun!
- Participants are expected to attend the full term’s course. If your child is unable to attend a session, please let the library know.
- Participants must be collected within 10 minutes of session finishing time.
- Parents of participants under 12 years need to remain in the library during the session.
This event is for young people aged 8 - 14 years.
This is a free event.