If you find yourself with extra recyclables and not enough room in your recycling bin, then the Free Recyclables Drop Off Day could be just what you need.
As part of the city's commitment to being sustainable and environmentally conscious we host Free Recyclables Drop Off Days in February and August each year for residents.
What you can bring
Recyclables that would normally be suitable for your yellow-lid recycling bin at home:
- Aluminium cans, clean aluminium foil and pie trays
- Cardboard boxes, cereal boxes and clean pizza boxes, milk and juice cartons
- Empty plastic bottles and containers from the kitchen, bathroom and laundry only and marked with a plastic identification code
- Empty steel cans and aerosol cans
- Glass bottles and jars (remove lid)
- Paper, magazines, newspapers, telephone books and envelopes.
Polystyrene from furniture and delivery packaging:
- You can also bring along polystyrene, which can’t go in your recycling bin, but is a common waste for many households
- Please separate polystyrene from other packaging before you arrive
- We will not accept polystyrene beads (from bean bags or packaging) or soft foam packaging
- The polystyrene collected is sent to a specialised company for recycling.
What you need to know
- Separate your recyclables from your polystyrene before you arrive.
- General waste and garden organics will not be accepted.
- Please do not bring your recycling bin to the event.
- Only domestic quantities of recyclables and polystyrene will be accepted.
This is a free service.
Bookings not required. Please arrive between the hours specified.