Campbelltown Active is all about encouraging healthy lifestyles. This March we're asking you to challenge yourself and swim to save lives.
Whether you're new to the water or a competitive swimmer, get involved any way that suits you.
- Sign up to the Laps for Life Challenge
- Go to the Campbelltown Active team page and join us
- Set a goal that suits you, and use the lap calculator to decide how many sessions you'll need
- Share your challenge with friends, family and colleagues to raise funds to prevent youth suicide
- During March get swimming at one of Campbelltown Active's swimming pools, your backyard pool, hit the beach or take part in an ocean swim.
Swimming laps is a great way to get your body moving and your heart pumping. It’s low-impact, uses your whole body, and is a whole lot more relaxing than sweating away in a spin class for an hour.
Still not convinced that it’s worth getting into your swimmers? Well, here’s the kicker. Swimming is also amazing for your mind. Whether you’re managing a mental health problem or just looking for a little relaxation, hitting the water can really help.
1 in 4 young people in Australia is currently experiencing a mental health difficulty. But there’s an even bigger problem with 70 per cent of those who need help don’t get it. And, suicide remains the leading cause of death of young people in Australia.
ReachOut is there – 24/7 – for whatever life throws at them. With tools, tips, advice for everything from dealing with exam stress to understanding how to get help for an issue that’s worrying them, ReachOut provides practical tools designed just for their needs, even when they don’t know what they’re looking for.
Pool admission only, people on fitness memberships can use the pool as part of their membership.
Challenge yourself to swim to save lives.