Log Book Run events return with COVID-19 restrictions and protocols in place to ensure staff and participant safety. This is subject to change without notice based on revised COVID-19 restrictions.
The Log Book Run (LBR) event is an organised drive based on a pre-planned route. The drive encompasses the Macarthur region roads including freeway, rural, residential, industrial and unsealed roads.
Day Log Book Run events
Run 4 times per year during: March, June, September and December on a Sunday
Night Log Book Run events
Run 3 times per year during: April, July and October on a Thursday night
- An orientation session, breath test, licence check.
- The route has pit stops, check points, morning tea and lunch is provided.
- A route guide and maps are provided.
- NSW Police and Highway Patrol stop participants along the route for random breath tests and also answer questions.
- Window mounted flags and car numbers are issued to each vehicle for easy identification of participants.
- Staggered start to avoid large groups of learners in one place.
- Emergency contact numbers and Tail Vehicle for added safety.
- The opportunity for participants to meet, talk with and learn from other Learner Drivers and Supervisors.
Booklet of Drives for Learners
The award winning ‘Drives for Learners in Macarthur’ booklet was developed to provide Learner Drivers and their Supervisors in the Macarthur Region with a number of routes they could undertake as practice drives during their on road driving experience tasks.
Download a copy of the Drives for Learners in Macarthur booklet(3MB, PDF) or request a hard copy by calling us on 02 4645 4220 or emailing email@example.com
The Drives for Learners in Macarthur project is a joint program between Campbelltown City Council and Camden Council.
There is no charge to attend this event.
Vehicle fuel costing is at your own expense.
You must attend a Day Log Book Run event to be eligible to attend a Night Log Book Run event.