You may want to upgrade your browser. We have detected you are using Internet Explorer 10 or earlier. It is recommended that you update your browser to the latest version to get a better user experience. Find out more

Your JavaScript is disabled, we suggest you enable it to improve your Council website user experience.
Site wide emergency announcement. Site wide alert announcement. Site wide alert resolved. Latest Council update regarding COVID-19.
Site wide emergency announcement. Site wide alert announcement. Site wide alert resolved. Our administration offices and some services will be closed on Tuesday 26 January and will reopen on Wednesday 27 January 2021. Find out more about changes to our operating hours for the Australia Day public holiday.
Skip to main content Menu
Main Content Anchor

Boarding Houses

Boarding houses must be registered on the Boarding House Register. The register is a list of public general and assisted boarding houses that contains information about:

  • The name and address of the boarding house
  • The boarding house proprietor
  • Whether the boarding house is a general house or an assisted boarding house
  • The local Council areas in which the boarding house is located.

To search the Register, go to the accommodation registers page.

All boarding houses in Campbelltown must be registered with the Office of Fair Trading and Campbelltown City Council before occupancy of the premises occurs.

The boarding house must comply (where relevant) with the following Acts and Regulations:

Local Council Inspections

Our Environmental Health Officers inspect Boarding Houses in Campbelltown to ensure safety and accommodation standards in existing boarding houses. 

We can fine operators if they are unregistered and order them to meet building, safety and accommodation standards.

For further information regarding Boarding Houses, please visit the NSW Fair Trading website.

If you have concerns about a boarding house or would like to report an illegal boarding house, you can contact our Customer Service team on 02 4645 4000.

Back to top Back to top