Support for Men
Campbelltown City Council is committed to improving men's knowledge, rights and access to services on issues such as healthy relationships, finances, education and health.
Our Community Development team aims to provide support for activities and events which encourage all men - young, mature, with a disability or culturally diverse, to participate and be connected to the community.
Council provides support and assistance in the development of Men’s Sheds in the local area.
Men’s Sheds are for all men from the local community who wish to join. They provide a place where you can feel included and safe to work on meaningful projects at your own pace, in your own time, in the company of other men.
Men's Sheds may do a variety of activities from manual crafts to gardening and beekeeping. Some may undertake community projects such as making toys for local childcare groups. They provide opportunities to learn new skills, attend health and wellbeing events and an opportunity to make friends.
For more information on local Men’s Sheds, contact:
Campbelltown Men's Shed Inc.
- Contact Ian Bennie on 0493 378 433
- "Glenroy Cottage", 1/A Glenroy Drive, CLAYMORE NSW 2559
Men’s Health Week 12 to 18 June 2023
Men's Health Week empowers individuals and local communities to engage with men and boys in healthy living through fun, family and events!
Mental Health Month - October
Mental Health Month is a time to think about our mental Health and wellbeing, regardless of whether we may have experienced it or not. NSW is part of a national mental health promotion campaign held throughout October each year. The timing of the campaign centres on World Mental Health Day, which is marked each year on 10 October.
White Ribbon Day is an annual event held on 25 November, the international day for the elimination of violence against women. It is an event campaigned by men since 1999 to end violence against women, their non-violence being symbolised through wearing a white ribbon.
MensLine Australia - 1300 78 99 87 or chat online
- Provides free online and phone counselling services for men with emotional health and relationship concerns
- Website mensline.org.au
Men's Referral Service - 1300 766 491
- Works with men who use family violence to change their abusive and violent behaviours
- Website dvnswsm.org.au
Mission Australia - Men's Crisis Accommodation - 02 9822 4903
Vince’s Place (St Vincent de Paul Macarthur Ozanam Centre) - 02 4625 1828
Traxside Youth Health Service (Macarthur) - 02 4625 2525
Maryfields Day Recovery Centre - 02 4627 2705
- The Centre operates a 13 week cyclic primary program that includes education, group therapy and case management and has a fully accredited Drug, Alcohol and Gambling Day Rehabilitation Program.
The Men's Health Information and Resource Centre - 02 4570 1129
- The Centre is always keen to hear from interested parties who would like further information about men's health. The centre’s focus is on providing information to health services and governments about better ways to work with men
Odyssey House -02 9820 9999
- Drug and Alcohol Programs
- Location: 13A Moonstone Pl, Eagle Vale NSW 2558
Nagle Centre -02 4628 2928
- Crisis and emergency assistance including help with electricity, telephone, advocacy and rental, referrals to our brokerage service, clothing vouchers, hot breakfasts and lunches five days a week, from Monday to Friday and an evening meal on Wednesdays.
- Location: 22 Iolanthe Street, Campbelltown NSW