Plan your visit
Our Community Recycling Centre is free and easy to use. Plan your visit to ensure it goes as smoothly as possible:
- Place your items safely in the boot of your car
- Ensure the items are secure and won't move around while you are driving
- Quantities must be domestic only, commercial quantities will not be accepted
- Sort your materials before you arrive, customers with unsorted loads of materials may be asked to drive out and separate them before re-entering. This is to ensure that other customers will not be kept waiting.
Items you can drop off
- household batteries
- fluorescent lights - globes and tubes
- smoke detectors
- fire extinguishers
- electronic waste (including televisions, computers and accessories, printers, and small appliances with a cord or batteries. Whitegoods are not accepted)
- cooking oils
- x-rays (film only)
- mobile phones and accessories
- cardboard (household quantities only - please remove any plastic or other items, and ensure all boxes are flattened, shredded paper not accepted)
- polystyrene (household quantities of rigid polystyrene only – for example the rigid pieces/blocks that are used in packaging white goods, televisions and furniture).
Soft polystyrene is not accepted (including beads, bean bags, foam and wrap).
From the garage
- car batteries
- motor oil
- gas bottles
Only household quantities accepted: up to 20 litres or 20kg of any one item will be accepted.
Chemicals are not accepted at the Community Recycling Centre. They are accepted at Household Chemical Clean Out events.