Roads, vehicles and parking in Campbelltown
We conduct proactive road maintenance within the Campbelltown Local Government Area (LGA) to increase the safety and quality of our road network.
We maintain more than 790 kilometres of roads throughout the city, to keep you well connected and to make our city easy to move around.
This includes maintaining:
- High quality regional, collector, residential and cul-de-sac roads
- Bridges and major culverts
- Footpaths and cycleways
- Kerb and gutter
- Traffic Islands and traffic management devices
- Road line markings, signs and fencing
- Car parking
Sustainable pavement management strategy
Due to increased financial pressure to maintain the ‘smooth surface’ of urban local roads expected by our local communities, we have developed and adopted a sustainable pavement management strategy that optimises the budget’s capacity and also meets the local community’s expectations for smooth and safe roads.
The objective of the strategy is to maintain and improve our city pavement infrastructure assets for the long term.
- The strategy flows through our Pavement Management System (PMS) and considers budget constraints, condition assessments of the network, treatment selections and suitability.
- The net benefit of the strategy is that it has resulted in an increase in the quantum of roads treated annually within existing financial constraints, whilst improving the overall condition of the road network and satisfying the community’s high expectations.
The comprehensive and effective pavement management strategy is providing value and positive economic outcomes for us.
Check out our City Improvements page and annual reports to get up to date information on our progress.
Need help with roads, vehicles and pathways?
Notice of roads closures are posted on our Newsfeed. You can also have your say on proposed traffic management improvements and proposed road closures.