Property Addressing FAQs

Campbelltown City Council is the authority responsible for issuing official property addresses within the Campbelltown Local Government Area.

All new addresses issued by Council are based on Australian Standard 4819 Rural and Urban Addressing and must meet the guidelines set out by the NSW Geographic Names Board.

Requesting a new address

You can apply for a new address as a result of development.

All deposited plans and strata plans now require a schedule of addressing (as of 1 March, 2018) as per Surveyor General's Directions No 7.

Prior to commencing construction on any new developments, including granny flat:

  • Lodge an online property addressing enquiry to request the correct address and we will come back to you within 3 business days
  • This is an important step, as utility/service companies will need your development's addresses for connections.

Changing an existing property number

If you feel you may have a case to change your property's number:

Utility/Service Provider (eg. NBN) saying I don’t have a valid address?

Utility/Service providers do not always have accurate property address information.

If a utility/service provider advises that your address is not in their system:

  • Lodge an online property addressing enquiry and we will come back to you within 3 business days
  • If your address is valid, Council will provide you with a letter that you can give to the utility/service provider confirming your address is a valid address.

What is the history/origin of my suburb?

Find out about the history of your suburb.