Booking a Community Hall
We have a range of community halls available for hire on a casual or regular basis. Book online in 3 easy steps!
1. Find a venue and check availability
Once you have made your search, just click on the venue listing to view images, check availability and find out more details, including the terms and conditions of hire.
Search our available facilities
2. Log in or Register
We use an online booking and enquiry system to manage community hall bookings. You'll need to be registered to make a booking through our system.
If you haven't already registered, please Register and enter your details. Once your registration is verified you will be able to log in, create new bookings and manage any existing bookings.
Need help? Our User Guide(PDF, 3MB) has helpful instructions on using the online booking system.
Forgotten your log in details? If you have forgotten your log in details for your account, please attempt to reset your password.
3. Complete your booking
Using the online booking system, follow the prompts to complete your tentative booking. Attach any Public Liability Insurance or relevant documentation (if applicable).
- If your function includes external contractors e.g. caterers you will be required to provide the organisation's Public Liability Insurance for a minimum cover of $20 million.
- Council appointed security guards are required for bookings where alcohol is present and all 18th to 21st birthday functions, regardless if alcohol is present or not:
- we require the engagement of one security guard for every 50 people attending
- security is required at commencement of the function up until the end of the hire period
If you need any help making a booking please contact our Booking Administration team on (02) 4645 4000.
After you have made your booking
Casual hall bookings
Our Customer Service team review all tentative bookings and will contact you to finalise and confirm your booking.
Upon confirmation of your booking:
- You are required to pay a 10% deposit - this is deducted from the cost of hall hire
- Full payment for the hall (including the refundable bond) is required 10 days before your function
- You'll be provided with a hall information pack which includes hall access details, when to pick up the keys and contact details for the date of your function.
Regular booking enquiry
Our Customer Service team will contact you to confirm the dates of your booking and to make sure you understand the Terms and Conditions of being a regular hirer.
After your function
- You are required to return the swipe/keys the day following your booking. If you have a hall booked over the weekend, you will need to return the keys on Monday. An after hours drop off chute is also available at the Customer Service centre main door entrance
- Complete the online Facility Assessment Form to let us know if maintenance is required at the facility you have hired or if anything has been damaged
- The bond will be refunded to you within 10 days after your event as long as there is no damage to the venue and you meet the terms of our hall hire agreement.
Our User Guide(PDF, 3MB) has helpful instructions on using the online booking system, or you can read our Frequently Asked Questions for more information on Community hall bookings.
Community Hall Hire FAQs