Open Days Update
Our Open Days recommenced on Monday 11 January 2021 and are operating under some restrictions in line with advice from the Federal and State Government due to the impact of COVID-19.
While visiting our Bicycle Education Centre, please continue to maintain 1.5m physical distance from all people. Our Centre has restrictions on the number of people who can attend at any one time following the advice from NSW Health authorities and this limit is strictly set to 100 people.
What you need to know
- You are encouraged to download the Service NSW App before attending the facility
- When you arrive at the facility please scan the QR code at the front gate and fill out the questions before entering the centre
- You must adhere to the hand washing and physical distancing requirements within the facility at all times
- Hand sanitiser is available in various locations throughout the Centre
- Cleaners will also be disinfecting the toilets before and after open days
- Bring your own disinfectant and antibacterial wipes to clean any equipment you use while at the facility e.g. tables, chairs, exercise bikes and BBQ's etc
- If you, or any of your guests are feeling unwell, please do not attend the Centre.
Free Open Days - Sundays and School Holidays
- 10am to 3pm
- Open every Sunday
- Monday to Friday during school holidays.
Campbelltown Bicycle Education Centre is closed on public holidays, over Easter and Christmas/New Year periods and during extreme weather conditions.
Free activities at the Bicycle Education Centre Open Days
Monday 18 January 2021
From 11am to 2pm our Bushcare Team will be providing some exciting workshops out in the natural environment. Some of the activities will include:
- Making seed-bombs
- Creating bug-hotels
- Fun citizen science
- Wildlife tips for gardening
- Possibly even a walk around the centre to discover the wildlife and habitats that are present.
Tuesday 19 January 2021
From 11am to 2pm visitors from the Visitor Information Centre will be running a Koala Colouring In Competition and children will also have the opportunity to explore with their VR goggles using your mobile phone.
Thursday 21 January 2021
From 11am to 2pm our friendly librarians will be providing a free story-time session, as well as giving children the opportunity to colour and create your very own library bag to take home.
From 11am to 1pm, Daytones Band from the Campbelltown-Camden District Band, will be performing bright and cheerful music on the day.
Friday 22 January 2021
From 11am to 2pm our friends from the Campbelltown Animal Care Facility will guide you with the correct way to approach and interact with dogs, as well as some basic body language tips to make use of. You will have the opportunity to get your photo taken with our friendly dogs and also compete in a colouring in competition on the day.
Gear up for a wheelie good time
- Parents must provide the child's bicycle or scooter and helmet and supervise your child/children at all times.
- A Standards of Association of Australia (SAA) approved helmet must be worn when riding a bicycle or scooter at the Centre.
- Covered shoes are to be worn at all times.
- Children under four years of age are not permitted to ride on the main road circuit without parental supervision
- No large groups of children allowed - small groups only (maximum of five riders).
- Vacation care groups must report to staff upon arrival.
- No private birthday parties are permitted in the Centre during an Open Day
- The centre can be hired for private functions at anytime when it is not open to the public
- Saturday 9am till dusk and Sunday to Friday, 3:30pm till dusk.
- All bicycles must be safe and roadworthy and have fully functioning brakes.
- Only bikes and scooters are permitted in the Centre.
- Smoking, animals, ball games, skateboards, ripstiks, rollerskates, rollerblades, green machines, powerwings, motorised devices are not permitted at the Centre.