Campbelltown's Bicycle Education and Road Safety Centre is open to the public free of charge every Sunday and on weekdays during the school holidays (excluding public holidays, Easter & Christmas/New Year).
Remember - no helmet, no ride!
"FREE" Open Days – Sundays and school holidays
Use of the centre is provided free of charge on the following days:
- Sundays from 10am to 3pm;
- Monday to Friday 10am to 3pm during school holidays.
The Centre is closed on public holidays and over Easter and Christmas/New Year periods.
The Centre will be closed on Friday 19 to Monday 22 April 2019 and from Friday 20 December 2019 to Wednesday 1 January 2020.
The following conditions apply:
- Parents must supervise their child/children at all times. The parent must provide the child's bicycle or scooter and helmet.
- All cyclists must have their own bicycle and helmet.
- A Standards of Association of Australia (SAA) approved helmet must be worn when riding a bicycle or scooter at the Centre.
- Covered shoes are to be worn at all times.
- Children under four years of age are not permitted to ride on the main road circuit without parental supervision on the track with child at all times.
- No large groups of children allowed - small groups only (maximum of five riders).
- Vacation care groups must report to staff upon arrival.
- No private birthday parties are permitted in the Centre during an OPEN DAY. The centre can be hired for private functions at anytime when it is not open to the public (Saturday 9am till dusk and Sunday to Friday, 3.30pm till dusk).
Only bikes and scooters are permitted in the Centre. All bicycles must be safe and roadworthy and have fully functioning brakes.
The following are not permitted:
- roller blades
- roller skates
- green machines
- power wings
- Motorised devices or scooters
Please note that smoking, animals and ball games are not permitted in the centre.
- Main road circuit simulating road conditions including road signage and traffic lights
- Junior track for toddlers
- Shaded bicycle skills area
- Shaded children's playground
- Vending machine facilities for snacks, hot and cold drinks
- Picnic tables
- Sheltered picnic area
- Free powered BBQ
- Wheelchair accessible
- Bicycle Repair Station