An injection of colour, cuisine and culture is coming to our city centre for one night only where you can experience a world of different cuisines On Q and enjoy a number of surprise performances across three zones:
- Forum Q will be turned into an alfresco dining space under the festoon lighting
- Anzac Lane will be closed and transformed into ‘Spice Lane’ with colourful chillout furniture and a DJ
- Lithgow Street will become ‘Sweet Street’ with dessert vendors and a kids zone.
Eat On Q
Spice It Up will showcase some of the diverse eateries on Queen Street and you could be eating for free!
As part of the event, we will be offering up to 500 free $10 vouchers to eat at one of the restaurants and cafes participating in the event.
A select number of vouchers will be available to book online before the event or you can collect a free voucher on the night at the Event Information tent. Vouchers will be handed out at random and offered on a first come first served basis and can only be redeemed on the night at the participating restaurants.
Don't worry if you miss out on a voucher - the participating restaurants will be offering a $10 meal special for all attendees.
Check out the Spice It Up restaurant map(2MB, PDF) for full details.
We will have a tasty selection of dessert trucks to satisfy your sweet tooth:
Free Activities and Entertainment
Spice It Up will have plenty on offer for everyone, big and small.
- The kids zone in Sweet Street will have free amusement rides for the little kids including a Mini Ferris Wheel, Mini Carousel and Mixed Toy Ride as well as a free photobooth, free neon face painting and glitter tattoos and a roving bubble artist.
- In Spice Lane, there'll be a DJ and an LED performer will bring the wow factor as the night gets dark.
- Forum Q will play host to the funky, energetic band Phat Brass who bring together pop, jazz, electronic and rock and will get you moving with their infectious acoustic line-up! A number of electrifying and surprise performances will also take over the event across the night and are not to be missed.
Artist Talk and Workshop
Meet Laotian/Australian Artist Savanhdary Vongpoothorn and hear the inspiration behind her colossal 70 x 15m Public Artwork in Anzac Lane entitled ‘Spinning the Fire Sutra at her artist talk in Anzac Lane.
There will also be a:
- Free small group workshop at the event for participants aged 13+ (bookings required)
- Drop in session for all ages to add their own colours and patterns to Savanhdary Vongpoothorn’s iconic ‘Spinning the Fire Sutra I’ design using pencils and textas between 6-8pm.
More details on the artist talk and how to book in for the workshop will be provided soon.
Some roads in the Campbelltown CBD will be closed to support this event including:
11am - 12am Saturday 29 October
Lithgow Street from Moore Oxley to Queen Street
Carberry Lane, from Lithgow Street to Anzac Lane
Anzac Lane, from Lithgow Street to Carberry Lane
This event is proudly funded by the NSW Government CBD Revitalisation Program.
We want you to eat On Q! A limited number of free food vouchers will be available before the event via Eventbrite booking and on the night at the event - more details soon.