The Australian Government has approved funding of $5.76m towards the upgrade of Badgally Road between Clydesdale Drive and North Steyne Road from its existing two lanes to four lanes.
Western Sydney Infrastructure Plan
The Western Sydney Infrastructure Plan (WSIP) will deliver major road infrastructure upgrades to support an integrated transport solution for the region and capitalise on the economic benefits from Western Sydney Airport. As part of the WSIP, the Australian Government has approved funding of $5.76m towards the upgrade of Badgally Road between Clydesdale Drive and North Steyne Road from its existing two lanes to four lanes.
The area is undergoing a boost in housing and employment opportunities as a result of the State Government's South West Growth Centre plans.
A need for improvements to Badgally Road was recognised to support the future growth, ensure connectivity to the Campbelltown CBD and major transport routes.
Benefits of the project
This section of the road is approximately 1.25km's and will be a key link road transport corridor servicing East/West connections from/to the Campbelltown CBD. It will have the following additional benefits:
- Improved safety for all road users
- Reduction in congestion on Badgally Road - improving travel time and access around Campbelltown
- Improved access and travel time to Campbelltown Railway Station
- Access to local businesses, industries and other educational and recreational facilities in the area
- A cycleway link to various amenities in the area.
The major components of the works are the:
- Construction of two new lanes between Glenroy Drive and North Steyne Road
- Upgrading of the existing two lanes between Clydesdale Drive and Glenroy Drive
- Kerb and gutter and central medians
- Traffic signals at the intersection of Badgally Road and Clydesdale Drive
- Traffic signals at the intersection of Badgally Road and North Steyne Road
- Two lane circulating roundabout at Badgally Road and Glenroy Drive
- Removal of the roundabout and addition of a central median at Shetland Road, making drivers only able to turn left in and out from Badgally Road
- LED street lights
- Drainage systems
- Shared pathways and landscaping.
Hours of work and traffic impacts
Construction works will be managed in a way so that there is no impact to commuter traffic in the area. Works will usually be carried out from Monday to Friday from 7am to 6pm and on Saturdays from 7am to 1pm. If any works need to be completed outside of these hours, affected residents will be notified accordingly.
Proposed commencement date for the project is December 2018 and completion date is March 2021 (weather permitting).
Find out more
Refer to the related links for further information including maps and technical drawings.