Community festivals and events are a vital part of community life.
Event organisers wishing to conduct a major event within the City of Campbelltown on Council owned/managed land must submit an application under Section 68 of the Local Government Act 1993, where such an event is not otherwise authorised under a Development Consent. An event application fee(s) may also apply (see Council's Fees and Charges for details).
Council is supportive of the conduct of outdoor events as they contribute significantly to the City's sense of place and community. Our event approval process is aimed at ensuring that events are well organised, can be conducted in a safe, responsible manner, and are an enjoyable and positive experience for the community.
Applicants are encouraged to read through the attached guide(256KB, PDF) before completing an outdoor event application. The purpose of this guide is to outline the outdoor event approval process and the information required to accompany an application to hold an outdoor event(221KB, PDF).
Good to know:
- Your application must be submitted at least eight weeks prior to the event (twelve weeks prior in some cases) with payment and associated paperwork
- Complete the event approval checklist to ensure all aspects and considerations have been attended to
- Respond promptly to any further requests for information to avoid delays in processing your application
- Check out the Requirements for the operation of temporary food stalls if you are intending to have food stalls
- Complete an application to conduct a temporary food stall if you would like to have food at your event
- Contact Council on 4645 4000 if you have any questions regarding your application requirements.