Outdoor Dining Grant
To help us increase the vibrancy and activity in our city, we're encouraging businesses to apply for an outdoor dining permit.
We know that purchasing quality outdoor furniture can be costly - so, to support businesses with the costs associated with getting set up for outdoor dining, we've created a new grant.
We want to support businesses to select quality outdoor dining furniture that enhances the neighbourhood amenity. So, we're providing grant funding of up to $5,000 (per eligible business) towards the cost of establishing or updating your outdoor dining area.
Here's a preview copy of the application form(PDF, 242KB) to help you prepare before completing the online application.
If you would like assistance with applying for the Outdoor Dining Grant, our local Service NSW Business Concierge, Thomas Veber, is available to help. You can request a call back from Thomas by calling 137788 or book a call online:
Book a call
Additionally, our local Business Connect advisor, Alex Hawkins, can work with you on a visual assessment profile of your outdoor dining area and provide you with advice and recommendations.
Eligibility and selection
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply for the outdoor dining grant, you must:
- Be a retail food business that serves food or beverages on site. Types of businesses can include restaurants, cafes, bakeries, fast food, takeaway, bistros and hotels
- Have a valid outdoor dining permit that has been issued by Campbelltown City Council. If you do not have a permit, you can apply here
- Be located in Campbelltown City Centre or Ingleburn City Centre precincts
- Campbelltown City Centre precinct includes - Queen Street, Patrick Street, Lithgow Street, Dumaresq Street or Allman Street
- Ingleburn City Centre precinct includes - Oxford Road, Ingleburn Road, Carlisle Street, Nardoo Street, Macquarie Street
Please note: Businesses who received the Outdoor Dining Grant in 2023 are not eligible to apply.
What can I use the grant funding for?
The grant funding can be used towards outdoor dining furniture and infrastructure such as:
- Tables and chairs
- Barriers and balustrades
- Planter boxes
- Waiter stations
All outdoor dining furniture and infrastructure must:
What can't the funding be used for?
The grant funding can't be used for:
- Any furniture or infrastructure not consistent with the approved outdoor dining permit
- Works which require consent under a Development Consent (eg the installation of drop down/roll-up blinds)
- Administrative, staffing or business operation costs
- Routine maintenance or repairs
- Marketing or promotion costs
- Furniture or products for interior decoration
- The purchase of A-frame signage, pull-up banners, banner flags or any other type of promotional banner or flag
- Window signage or displays.
Grant applications will be assessed against the criteria outlined below:
- Furniture design plan of proposed outdoor dining space
- Photos and quality of proposed outdoor dining furniture - does it align with our outdoor dining guidelines
- What furniture, if any is currently in place
- Is the furniture being sourced locally?
- Inclusion of quotes
- Detailed budget breakdown
Support of Council events and initiatives
- Extra weighting will be appointed to businesses that can demonstrate support for previous Council events and activations or willingness to participate in future events and activations, where suitable.
Has previous grant funding been awarded to this business?
Businesses who have previously received Council grant funding (eg the Street Appeal Shop Front Improvement Grant), are eligible to apply for the Outdoor Dining Grant, however extra weighing will be given to businesses who have not received previous grants.
|Apply for, or renew (if necessary), your outdoor dining permit
|Outdoor dining grants open
|Outdoor dining grants close
|Monday 18 March 2024
|Businesses notified of grant outcome
|by early April 2024
|Funding agreements signed and grant money distributed
|by mid-April 2024
|Grant project completed and final report due
|by 31 May 2024
Before you apply
You must have a valid Outdoor Dining Permit in place before you're ready to apply for your Outdoor Dining Grant. If you do not have an outdoor dining permit, you can apply online via our website.
It is recommended that you apply for your permit as early as possible, as there may be processing delays in approvals due to the high volume of applications.
Apply for, or renew, your outdoor dining permit
Apply for the grant
Apply for your outdoor dining grant