Council is progressing a planning proposal to increase the building heights and development density in the Ingleburn CBD. Council is preparing the expert reports needed to place this proposal on public exhibition. We hope to have this planning proposal on public exhibition in the second half of 2021.
At its meeting on 9 April, 2019 Council endorsed the Ingleburn CBD draft Planning Proposal to be submitted to the Department of Planning and Environment for Gateway Determination. For further information about this process please see the Department's gateway process website.
For detailed information on this matter, please refer to the Council report - Item 8.2 of Council's meeting Agenda of 9 April 2019.
In April 2019, Council requested the Department of Planning, Industry, and Environment (the Department) to issue a Gateway Determination to enable the Ingleburn CBD Planning Proposal to proceed to public exhibition.
A Gateway determination was issued by from the Department on 9 March 2020 and lapsed on 9 March 2021. The Gateway determination supported the proposed amendment to CLEP 2015 subject to the preparation of a number of studies including:
- Traffic and parking assessment
- A funding strategy for the provision of infrastructure including a multi deck carpark, urban domain enhancements, any road improvement that may be needed and drainage works to reduce flooding
- A commercial and retail demand study in order to confirm the extent of mixed use in the proposed B4 zone
- A site specific Development Control Plan
- A summary of the Bow Bowing Bunbury Curran Creek Catchment Flood Management Study
- Public domain strategy.
The Department has advised that they have changed their approach to Gateway determinations as part of reforms to assist in the recovery of the NSW economy following COVID-19. The Department remains supportive of this planning proposal and has invited Council to resubmit the planning proposal when it is ready for exhibition.
Council is currently preparing the studies needed to get the proposal ready for exhibition. We are hoping to have the proposal on exhibition in the second half of 2021.