You may want to upgrade your browser. We have detected you are using Internet Explorer 10 or earlier. It is recommended that you update your browser to the latest version to get a better user experience. Find out more

Your JavaScript is disabled, we suggest you enable it to improve your Council website user experience.
Skip to main content Menu
Main Content Anchor

Building, renovation and other approval information

Find out about how to get a Building Certificate, when approval is required for a diving fence and the process to submit road opening permits and vehicle crossing driveway applications and more.

Air Conditioners, Hot Water Systems, Swimming Pool and Spa Pumps Installation
Thinking of installing an A/C unit? find out all you need to know about the planning rules regulated by the NSW state government planning policy. 

Find out if you have asbestos in your home, understand the risks, and know how to dispose of it.

Building Certificates
Apply for a Building Information Certificate (BIC) to indicate existing structures are consistent with the Building Code of Australia and have the appropriate approvals.

Building on bushfire prone land
If you propose to develop land that is situated on bushfire prone land, you will need to give regard to the NSW Rural Fire Services' guide. 

Compliance Certificates
Issued under section 109C of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979.

Demolition of a structure 
Application requirements.

Dividing fences
Find out the key facts about your property and if planning approval is required before you build a fence.

Filming in Campbelltown 
Seek approval to film on Campbelltown City Council owned properties.

Heritage items
Find out how Council assesses development proposals relating to heritage.

Applications are required under Section 68 of the Local Government Act for Type A (fence) and Type B (overhead) hoardings.

Relocation of dwellings
Application requirements.

Road opening permits
Where excavation works are intended to be carried out on any Council owned asset, road, footpath or reserve.

Smoke alarms 
Compulsory smoke alarm installation.

Solid fuel heating devices
How to apply under Section 68 of the Local Government Act for the installation of a domestic oil or solid fuel heating application.

Swimming pools
Find information about installing a pool or spa, swimming pool safety, swimming pool fences, spa pools and pool water quality.

Vehicle crossing (driveway) applications
You need a permit to repair, widen or build a new crossover or parking pay.

Waste Management Plan
Most development applications require a Waste Management Plan to be included.

Waste water management system
Find out how you can get approval to operate a System of Wastewater Management.

Property Addressing FAQs
How to request a new address, change an existing property number.

Back to top Back to top