You may want to upgrade your browser. We have detected you are using Internet Explorer 10 or earlier. It is recommended that you update your browser to the latest version to get a better user experience. Find out more

Your JavaScript is disabled, we suggest you enable it to improve your Council website user experience.
Site wide emergency announcement. Site wide alert announcement. Site wide alert resolved. Our Animal Care Facility is currently closed to the public with visits by appointment only for owners to reclaim their lost pets.
Site wide emergency announcement. Site wide alert announcement. Site wide alert resolved. We are continuing to monitor the evolving situation with COVID-19. For up-to-date information on Council services and advice, please see our Campbelltown's response to COVID-19 page.
Site wide emergency announcement. Site wide alert announcement. Site wide alert resolved. Our pools are open and bookings are now available to use our gym facilities. Find out what's on and how to book.
Skip to main content Menu
Main Content Anchor

Building Information Certificates

A Building Information Certificate (BIC) is usually sought by buyers and sellers of property to make sure that the particular building (or part of a building) is not going to the subject of regulatory action by Council. 

Often a Building Information Certificate is requested when work is undertaken without appropriate approvals being issued by Council or a registered certifier.

Applying for a Building Information Certificate

Applications for a Building Information Certificate(170KB, PDF), can be requested by:

  • the owner of the property
  • another person, with the consent of the owner of the property
  • the purchaser of a property under a contract of sale, including the purchaser's solicitor or agent
  • a public authority that has notified the owner of its intention to apply for the certificate.

To assist Council make a full and proper evaluation of the application, include with your submission:

  • The site plan, elevations, floor plan, and a sectional diagram of the structure, relevant reports and compliance certificates
  • Structural engineer’s certification for the unauthorised structure
  • A Building Code of Australia report prepared by a suitable qualified and accredited person
  • A 10.7 certificate, where applicable suitable documentation confirming affectations identified in 10.7 are satisfactorily addressed, for example: flooding, bushfire, heritage etc
  • An Annual Fire Safety Statement applicable to the building (commercial and industrial building)
  • Survey Identification Report prepared by a registered Surveyor
  • (Where applicable) Lodge a Development Application or Section 4.55 (modification) of a development consent for the use of the building
  • Payment of an application fee and additional fees (equivalent to application fees that would have been payable if a Development application, Construction Certificate or Complying Development Certificate had been lodged prior to construction). Fees for all Building Information Certificates are details in Council's Fees and Charges.

Where Council is unable to issue a Development Consent for the use (where applicable) or a Building Information Certificate (BIC), we may take action to have the structure demolished, altered or rebuilt.

Back to top Back to top