Nominations for the 2019 Campbelltown City Australia Day Awards are now open.
If you know someone worthy of a nomination in these prestigious awards, why not consider nominating them for an Australia Day Award? Please refer to the nomination criteria below.
Citizen of the Year - for nominees aged 18 and over as at 31 December 2018
Young Citizen of the Year - for nominees aged 17 and under as at 31 December 2018
Sportsperson of the Year - open category (all ages)
Community Group Initiative of the Year
Individuals who are Australian citizens who live in the Campbelltown Local Government Area, and locally based community organisations are eligible to be nominated for a Campbelltown City Australia Day Award.
You are not eligible if you are:
- a previous recipient of an Award in the same category
- an elected representative eg MPs, Councillors
- a recipient of Australian and Imperial Honours
- a member of the Australia Day Awards Sub Committee.
Applications close on Thursday 1 November 2018.
Late submissions will not be accepted.
Preparing your nomination
This is your opportunity to nominate a friend, colleague or relative who has contributed extensively to the community. You may also nominate a specific community event or project. Please include as much detail as possible about your nominee.
Any communication regarding this nomination will be made by staff between 8.30am and 4.30pm weekdays only. Please ensure that you provide us with as many appropriate contact details as possible to ensure easy communication with both the nominee and yourself, as nominator.
The following categories are just some of the areas you may wish to cover in your nomination.
- Community involvement or achievement
- Sporting involvement or achievement
- Educational involvement or achievement
- Awards and nominations received
- Cultural or artistic achievements
- Special achievements eg acts of bravery
- Involvements with charities and not for profit organisations
- Contributions to the arts, environment or Indigenous issues
- Volunteering efforts
- Fundraising activities.
Submitting your nomination
Nominations may only be completed online.
Please submit your nomination by completing the online form below by Thursday 1 November 2018.