Want to hold an outdoor event?
Community festivals and events are a vital part of community life.
Event organisers wishing to conduct a major event within the City of Campbelltown on Council owned/managed land must submit an application under Section 68 of the Local Government Act 1993, where such an event is not otherwise authorised under a Development Consent. An event application fee(s) may also apply (see Council's Fees and Charges for details).
Council is supportive of the conduct of outdoor events as they contribute significantly to the City's sense of place and community. Our event approval process is aimed at ensuring that events are well organised, can be conducted in a safe, responsible manner, and are an enjoyable and positive experience for the community.
Outdoor event application
Applicants are encouraged to read our Outdoor event application guideline(PDF, 265KB) before completing an outdoor event application.
The purpose of this guide is to outline the outdoor event approval process and the information required to accompany an Application to hold an Outdoor Event(PDF, 221KB).
Applicants are advised to check the availability of the Council park or playing field proposed for the event prior to lodging an Application to hold an Outdoor Event.
Please be advised that the use of playing fields is given preference to sporting clubs and may not be available for your event.
To check availability please contact us on 02 4645 4000.
Things you may need to know
- Your application must be submitted at least eight weeks prior to the event (twelve weeks prior in some cases) with payment and associated paperwork
- We recommend that you complete the event approval checklist to ensure all aspects and considerations have been attended to
- Respond promptly to any further requests for information to avoid delays in processing your application
- Check out the Requirements for the operation of temporary food stalls(PDF, 315KB) if you are intending to have food stalls. Food stall inspection fees will be applicable in the event Council staff inspect the food stall (see Council's Fees and Charges for details)
- Complete an Application to conduct a temporary food stall(PDF, 1013KB) if you would like to have food at your event.