Mobile Playgroup, Toy and Book Library
Engaging activities for children and carers. For families with children aged between 0-5 years.
Free play sessions offer child development tips and information from trained early childhood educators, as well as a range of learning activities and the chance to borrow a variety of books and toys as part of our Mobile Toy and Book Library.
Come and play, speak to trained early child educators, mix with other families with young children, participate in fun play and activities, or join in group reading and storytime experiences.
The Mobile Playgroup have a range of educational activities to promote children's development:
- Creative experiences - painting, collage, playdough, natural materials, water, sand and sensory play
- Fine motor skills -threading, scissor cutting, pegboards, block construction
- Dramatic play -dinosaurs, jungle animals, farm barns and animals, space exploration, tree houses, doctor and vet role play
- Language and literacy - picture books, puppets, puzzles
- School readiness -counting, shapes, colours, number recognition, tracing, alphabet learning, measurement
- Group time - singing songs, puppets, story time and dancing.
Mobile playgroups run for 2 hours, and are held during school terms only:
- Tuesdays - 10am to 12pm, Mobile Toy and Book Library at the Family Day Care building, 44 Broughton Street, Campbelltown
- Thursdays - 9:30am to 11:30am,Glen Alpine Community Hall, 139 Heritage Way, Glen Alpine
- Fridays - 10am to 12pm, Glenquarie Library 12 Brooks Street, Macquarie Fields.
Check out our What's On page to get involved, and stay up to date on our Facebook page.
Borrow educational toys and books
You can borrow up to 2 books and 1 toy per child, from a vast array of well-made toys, books and resources that have been designed to support your child's skill development and imagination.
Become a member
It's free to become a Mobile Toy and Book Library member, all you need to do is complete and return the Mobile Toy and Book Library Membership Form(PDF, 190KB) when you attend playgroup.
Or you can simply use your current Campbelltown City Library Card to borrow items.
You may borrow items for 3 weeks.
Returning your items
You can return items directly to us at playgroup, or to any of Campbelltown City Libraries before, or on the day they are due.
- Overdue items - to encourage the prompt return of library items for use by others, membership privileges will be suspended when items become overdue. The suspension will remain in place until all items are returned.
- Lost or damaged items - if an item is lost or damaged while it is on loan to you, you will be charged the replacement costs plus a processing fee.
Got any questions? or need to renew borrowed items for longer? You can renew items either in person at playgroup, or by phone (just have your library card number handy).
Call 02 4645 4723