Providing facilities to receive impounded and surrendered animals and promoting microchipping, registration and desexing of companion animals.
Our primary role in animal control:
- Providing facilities to receive impounded and surrendered animals
- Promoting micro-chipping, registration and desexing of companion animals.
Services available to the public:
Want to report a dog attack, barking dog or lost/stray/roaming dog?
Find out more or how to report
Looking for a pet?
If you're considering a new pet, be sure to visit the animals for adoption page to check out the animals available for purchase from our Animal Care Facility.
All puppies and dogs cost $320 ($300 for pensioners) to adopt.
All kittens and cats cost $170 ($150 for pensioners) to adopt.
- The price for puppies under four months of age includes C3 vaccination, health check, desexing voucher, and micro-chipping.
- The price for dogs over four months of age includes C3 vaccination, health check, heartworm testing, desexing, micro-chipping, and registration.
- The price for kittens under four months of age includes F3 vaccination, health check, desexing voucher, and micro-chipping.
- The price for cats over four months of age includes F3 vaccination, health check, desexing, micro-chipping, and registration.
When you have selected a pet and finalised the adoption payment, dogs and cats are booked into Council's contracted vet for the animal to be desexed typically the next business day. We will transport your new pet to our vet for desexing in the morning. The new owner is to collect the animal from the vets in the afternoon.
Purchasing a dog or cat requires careful consideration as it is a life changing commitment. There are many costs and responsibilities to consider with owning a dog or a cat, including microchipping and registration, maintaining animal health (worming, vaccination, regular exercise), providing secure and comfortable housing, and caring for your pet responsibly so it does not become a nuisance to neighbours.
Our Animal Care Facility staff can accept public donations made in the interests of assisting with the comfort and well-being of impounded animals.
|Items you can donate:
||We can't accept these items:
| Dog coats
|| Fresh or cooked food (as it can't be stored)
| Dog and cat beds
| Polar fleece bedding
| Dry biscuit kibble
| Canned food
| Newspapers (un-shredded)
| Dog and cat toys