Our new Learn To Ride program is suitable for all ages and abilities - kids and adults alike - providing a safe riding environment within Council's Bicycle Education and Road Safety Centre.
This fun program is conducted in a safe riding environment, suitable for all ages and includes:
- Learning to ride or refreshing your riding skills
- Bike and helmet hire (or BYO bike and helmet)
- Helmet laws and fitting your helmet
- Safety tips and how to avoid accidents
- The road laws
- Basic bicycle maintenance checks
Type of Learn to Ride programs available
- Four week program (two hours per session) or
- Private lessons (one hour)
A combination of training wheels, balance, and two wheel bicycles will be provided during the program.
All lessons are conducted by qualified and experienced staff members. All staff members hold a current working with children check card.
Private lessons can be arranged on appointments only on Mondays, Fridays or Sundays.
|Term 3 - 2019
||Preschool learn to ride and Parent fitness program
- Every Friday
- 6 to 27 September 2019
- 10am to 11.30am
|Term 4 - 2019
||After school program
- Every Monday
- 4 to 25 November 2019
- 4pm to 6pm
Afterschool Program - Four week program (four x two hour lessons): $50 per person
Preschool Program - Four week program (four x one and half lessons): $50 per person
Programs commencing in 2019
- Four week program (four x two hour lessons): $50 per person
- Private lessons (one hour lesson only): $40 per lesson (maximum of two people per lesson)
How to register
To register, complete the Learn to Ride enrolment form(2MB, PDF) and bring it along with your payment to:
Campbelltown City Council Civic Centre
Customer Service on ground floor
Corner Queen and Broughton Streets, Campbelltown
Opening hours: 8.30am - 4.30pm
Post your completed Learn to Ride enrolment form(2MB, PDF) (along with a cheque, money order or credit card details) to:
Bicycle Education and Recreation Officer
Campbelltown City Council
PO Box 57, Campbelltown NSW 2560
- main road circuit simulating road conditions including road signage and traffic lights
- junior track for toddlers
- shaded bicycle skills area
- shaded children's playground
- vending machine facilities for snacks, hot and cold drinks
- picnic tables
- sheltered picnic area
- free powered BBQ
- wheelchair accessible
- free parking
- bicycle repair station.
The facility has Open Days every Sunday from 10am to 3pm for the enjoyment of residents and visitors, and the free entry makes it a great day out for the whole family.
The centre can be hired for private functions at anytime when the centre is not open to the public. Schools can also take advantage of the educational programs on offer.
Please note that smoking, animals and ball games are not permitted in the centre.