You may want to upgrade your browser. We have detected you are using Internet Explorer 10 or earlier. It is recommended that you update your browser to the latest version to get a better user experience. Find out more

Your JavaScript is disabled, we suggest you enable it to improve your Council website user experience.
Site wide emergency announcement. Site wide alert announcement. Site wide alert resolved. Latest Council update regarding COVID-19.
Site wide emergency announcement. Site wide alert announcement. Site wide alert resolved. Our administration offices and some services will be closed on Tuesday 26 January and will reopen on Wednesday 27 January 2021. Find out more about changes to our operating hours for the Australia Day public holiday.
Skip to main content Menu
Main Content Anchor

Outside School Hours Care FAQs


Campbelltown's response to COVID-19

The safety of our community, customers and staff is our top priority.

Stay up-to-date with what Council is doing.


What is an orientation appointment?

This is a compulsory appointment where you and your child attend the service prior to enrolment. Your child will have an opportunity to get to know the service, while educators go through your enrolment form with you to determine whether they can meet your care needs.

At the orientation, you will be able to get a feel for the education environment and find out more about the service routines before you proceed to an enrolment appointment and pay fees to start care

What is included in my child care fees?

High quality education and care delivered through individualised programs, provided by qualified educators. Toast and spreads are available of a morning, however if your child would prefer cereal for breakfast, please bring it with you and we will supply milk. Afternoon tea is provided, which includes fruit or vegetables and other nutritious savoury snacks.

What is Child Care Subsidy (CCS)?

CCS (Child Care Subsidy) is an assistance from the Federal Government to help families using approved child care with the cost of their child care .

From 2 July 2018, the Child Care Subsidy (CCS) replace the current  Child Care Benefit (CCB) and Child Care Rebate (CCR). This new child care package will be paid directly to your child care service.

How do I apply for CCS?

You will need to register and complete a Child Care Subsidy assessment using your Centrelink online account through myGov , or you may not receive any child care fee assistance.

Once assessed, you will receive a notice from the Department of Human Services to confirm your eligibility.

What are advance fees?

Advance fees are charged at the full fee rate and reflect your child's current attendance. Advance fees are fully refundable, provided your account is up to date, you have given two weeks written notice to cease care and your child attends their last booked day of care.

Advance fees are charged at full fees in case there are any problems with receiving your Child Care Subsidy (due to absences or cancellation of CCS eligibility etc.).

When do I need to pay my fees?

Council's policy is that at a minimum child care accounts are kept one week in advance. Fees may also be paid fortnightly or monthly however, this must always be in advance not arrears.

What happens if I don't pay my fees on time?

If your account is not up to date, you will be issued with a letter and an invoice outlining the arrears and a date that they are to be paid by.

If your fees are still not paid by the date shown on the letter and you have not spoken to the administration team to make alternative arrangements, the service will not be able to accept your children into care until payment is made or a payment plan has been arranged with the administration team.

If a payment is not received your child’s place at the service will no longer be available and any outstanding fees will be deducted from your advance fees.

What are absences and how many am I allowed?

Child Care Subsidy is paid for a child's absences from care for up to 42 days per financial year. Once your child has reached 42 days of allowable absences, a medical certificate must be provided for Child Care Subsidy to be paid.

How much notice do I require to cease care?

If you wish to cease care, you are required to provide two weeks written notice.

How do I receive a refund of my advance fees?

You will need to complete an electronic refund (154KB, PDF) form which is available at the service, on Council's website or from the administration team. The electronic refund form should be completed and submitted at the same time as your ceasing care form (152KB, PDF).

What if I am late picking up my child from care?

The first time you pick your child up late you will be given a reminder about the service’s operating hours.

If this occurs again a charge of $36.00 for the first 15 minutes or part thereof, then $5.00 per minute per family that you were late will be added to your child care account.

If you are late picking up your child a third time a charge of $36.00 for the first 15 minutes or part thereof, then $5.00 per minute that you were late will again be added to your child care account and your child’s position at the service will be reviewed.

The above procedure will be implemented for one or more occasions in a calendar year.

How will I receive information from Education and Care Services?

Help save the environment! You will be asked to provide an email address when you enrol in our services. Statements, parent newsletters and other information will be sent to you electronically.

Back to top Back to top