If you need to get rid of bulky items that can’t go in your bins, you can book a kerbside clean up.
You can have up to four kerbside clean ups each year, and you can put out one cubic metre (about a box trailer load) for collection at each clean up. The clean up service is provided ‘on call’ which means you can book each of your clean ups when you need them.
You need to book a clean up online or call us on 02 4645 4000 before you put any items on the kerbside.
NOTE: When placing items on the kerbside for collection residents are advised:
- Do not put items near obstructions such as fences, trees, letter boxes or garden taps
- Do not cover any utility installations such as water, electricity or gas
What's my collection day?
Enter your address below to find out your collection day. Please enter your street number and street name - do NOT enter your unit number (eg. 2/91 Queen St Campbelltown).
If you are booking a general clean up or a scrap metal clean up, please put your items on the kerbside the day before the scheduled collection day.
Items booked for a general clean up will be collected on the scheduled collection day. Items booked for a scrap metal clean up are usually collected on the scheduled collection day, but may be collected later in the week.
What can go out for a clean up
- beds and mattresses
- old furniture
- household electrical appliances
- garden clippings that are no more than 15cm in diameter (cut into 1 metre lengths and tied into bundles)
- metals such as whitegoods, hot water systems, gym equipment and push bikes (place separately as these are collected by a different truck)
What can’t go out for a clean up
- No bricks, terracotta items, tiles, concrete, rubble, asbestos or any other building material
- No glass or hazardous items, including gas bottles
- No food waste
- No paints or chemicals
- No car batteries or car parts (including tyres)
- No tree trunks or large branches
- No bean bags or polystyrene beads
Some chemicals and hazardous items can be taken to the next Household Chemical CleanOut event in your area for disposal. Paints, gas bottles and car batteries can be taken to your nearest Community Recycling Centre for disposal.
To find your nearest Household Chemical CleanOut event or Community Recycling Centre, visit the NSW EPA website.
Report a missed kerbside clean up
If we have missed your clean up, call us on 02 4645 4000 and let us know.