Campbelltown Billabong Parklands Project
- Project typeParks and playground
- Project scheduleIn Progress
The Campbelltown Billabong Parklands will create a new water attraction that will be a destination facility in the heart of the Campbelltown City Centre.
The state-of-the-art water recreation space is set to revitalise the heart of Campbelltown City and become a landmark facility for Sydney.
The project includes a range of recreational water play facilities, landscaped areas, parklands and amenities over the four hectare site, including a stream, swimming lagoon and a zero-depth play area.
The landscape features of the design are based on the local Dharawal National Park and Georges River to reflect the importance of our local environment and Aboriginal culture.
Landscaping is continuing with hundreds of trees and native plants already in the ground, establishing themselves as the parklands continue to develop. The plants selected vary in size from young tube stock to more mature trees, some many metres tall, to provide shade and shelter for people using the facility as well as habitat for native birds and animals.
Construction is scheduled to be completed in September 2023.
The project is funded by Council, the Australian Government and NSW Government under the Western Sydney Liveability Program ($31 million) and additional funding for gateway areas around the site provided by the NSW Government Public Spaces Legacy Fund ($3.6 million).
- Series of rock pools with streams between
- Lagoon that will be up to 2 m deep
- Zero-depth water play area with a range of interactive water elements
- Inspired by the rapids, waterfalls and rock pools of the Dharawal National Park
- Open spaces and native tree plantings.
What will the enhancements include?
- Efficient filtration and pump systems to each of the pools
- Extensive integrated art that represents the Campbelltown community and Aboriginal culture
- Enhanced landscape features and services ready for the provision of any commercial opportunities in the future.
Apex Park, The Pkwy, Bradbury 2560 View Map
Apex Park, The Pkwy ,
Apex Park, The Pkwy ,