There are four branch libraries across the Campbelltown Local Government Area (LGA), membership provides you access to all of these libraries. Our libraries have a huge range of books, CDs, DVDs, computers and study spaces. We also provide a range of online resources available via our your library online page including eBooks, audiobooks, eMagazines, databases, online tutoring programs, streaming of film and music and printing documents from home.
Become a member
Library Membership is available to everyone living, studying and working in the Campbelltown area free of charge.
To join the Library you need to show appropriate identification that includes your name and current address.
- If you are 16 years of age or older and have appropriate identification that includes your current address, you can join the library.
- If you are under 16, your library card must be signed by a parent or guardian.
- If you are 16+ and haven't any formal ID or unable to give us your address we can offer temporary membership lasting for three months.
Once your membership has been completed you will be given a library card which you can use immediately. Your card can be used at all branches of the Campbelltown City Library Service. You can start the process by filling out our online application by clicking the link below.
Join the Library
Your library card and PIN
You are responsible for all items borrowed on your card, so if your card is lost or stolen please notify the Library on 02 4645 4444 immediately.
There is a charge of $3 to replace a lost card.
If you’re not sure what your PIN is please contact the library.
Borrowing from the library
You can borrow up to 30 items at a time.
Those with temporary membership can borrow up to 3 items at a time.
You may borrow items for 21 days.
You can renew most items either in person or by phone (just have your library card number handy).
Renew items yourself using the library’s online catalogue
- Click on Register in the top right hand corner of the page.
- Enter your library card number and your PIN. You can obtain your PIN by contacting your local branch
- You can renew an item twice - then it will need to be returned
- Items that have been requested by other customers cannot be renewed.
Requesting a book
Items that are out on loan or available at other branches can be requested free of charge.
- You will be sent a letter or email as soon as the item becomes available for you to collect. Please ensure your contact details are correct.
- All requests will be held for one week.
If the library does not hold an item, we can try to borrow it for you from another library via our Inter Library Loans Service.
- Items borrowed for you from another library service may have restrictions places by the lending library.
- We welcome your suggestions for items to be added to the collection. You can make suggestions by completing our online request form or speaking with one of our friendly staff.
- Items added to the collection must fit with our overall Collection Guidelines(296KB, PDF)
The Library does not charge overdue fines*. To encourage the prompt return of library items for use by others, membership privileges will be suspended when items become overdue. The suspension will remain in place until all items are returned.
*Overdue items borrowed through Inter-Library Loans will incur an overdue fine of 50¢ per day.
Lost or damaged items
If an item is lost or damaged while it is on loan to you, you will be charged the replacement cost plus a processing fee.
Damaged CD's, Talking books and DVD's will be charged only if it is due to obvious negligence.
If you would like more information about library membership or borrowing, library staff are happy to help you.
All Campbelltown City Libraries provide free computer access. Our computers are set up to access the Internet and for you to use popular software including Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
How to make a booking
Bookings can be made in person, over the phone or online up to 24 hours in advance.
- Bookings can be made for up to two hours and may be extended by a maximum of two hours if available.
- We will hold your booking for 10 minutes, after this time your booking will expire.
- Only one booking can be made in advance. If you are running late or wish to cancel or change your booking please phone us and let us know.
- A basic level of computer assistance is provided within the library.
Note: all computer facilities will shut down 15 minutes before Library closing time.
Conditions of use
When you book a computer you agree to our terms and conditions of use.(107KB, PDF)
USBs can be used to save documents, files or pictures and to scan documents.
4GB USBs can be purchased at any branch for $6 or feel free to bring along your own.
Printing and photocopying
The library provides black and white and colour printing and photocopying.
Fees and charges:
||Black and White
||20¢ per page
||50¢ per page
||$1 per page
Free Wireless (WiFi) Internet is available at all Campbelltown City Libraries.
Personal devices are welcome to connect to our WiFi to access the internet.