Macarthur Nature Photography Competition
The Macarthur Nature Photography Competition is an opportunity for you to help highlight the beauty of our region - so dust off your camera and get ready to capture our beautiful local environment.
Entries for the 2022 Macarthur Nature Photography Competition are now closed!
In a world seemingly overloaded by a daily avalanche of images, through Instagram, Facebook and television, a striking image can still cut through the clutter of it all, revealing to us something in our worlds that we have been missing.
The Macarthur councils once again is hosting the highly anticipated Macarthur Nature Photography Competition (MNPC) and is encouraging our community to enter your most striking, engaging and enticing images of local native flora, wildlife and natural scenery taken from within the Macarthur area.
How to enter
Entry is easy! This competition is open to residents who live in the Macarthur region (Campbelltown, Camden and Wollondilly Local Government Areas).
- Head on outside and take some photos that relate to the competition categories
- Before you submit your entry, please ensure you have read the Terms and Conditions of the competition to ensure your entry is eligible
- You can also check out the photography tips and tricks and learn about the native plants and animals of the Macarthur region to help you get started with your photography journey.
This year's competition will be entirely online and with no cost to enter.
The four categories for the Macarthur Nature Photography Competition are:
Photograph the naturally Australian plants that are found in the Macarthur region. This includes the leaves, branches, flowers, seeds, lichen, bark and fungi that make up the Australian plant community.
Photograph the animals that call Australia home and are found in the Macarthur region. This includes the furry, scaly, slippery, feathery, and crawly beings that are uniquely Australian wildlife.
People Helping the Environment
Photograph the positive impacts, actions and behaviours of people helping the Macarthur environment. This can include picking up litter, nest boxes, wildlife rescue, habitat gardens, and weeding.
Water in the Landscape
Photograph the presence of water naturally occurring in the Macarthur landscape. This includes creeks, rivers, lakes, ponds, and wetlands.
For inspiration, check out the Macarthur Nature Photography Competition Gallery of last year’s entries.
Primary school aged (5 to 12 years)
- $100 prepaid gift card and $100 Narellan Town Centre voucher for first place in each theme
- $75 prepaid gift card for second place in each theme
High school aged (13 to 18 years)
- $150 prepaid gift card and $100 Narellan Town Centre voucher for first place in each theme
- $100 prepaid gift card for second place in each theme
Open section (18+ years)
- $250 prepaid gift card and $100 Narellan Town Centre voucher for first place in each theme
- $150 prepaid gift card for second place in each theme
Don't forget! The People's Choice Award is back again this year with an amazing prize for the most popular photo, voted by YOU through our exhibition hosted at Narellan Town Centre in October.
When students fill out their entry form, all they need to do is specify their age and parent's contact details to go in the running to win a prize for themselves in one of the four main categories.
Cameras come in all shapes and forms these days, encourage students to snap a shot on their smart phone, iPad or camera.
The competition is a great way to engage students in a range of syllabus content and can easily translate into the at-home learning environment for parents and online classes for teachers.
To help deliver this to students, you can use our:
Entering multiple students or classes? download and complete our Macarthur Nature Photography Competition Entry Form 2022(PDF, 2MB)
Submit your entry
Entries are now closed.
Competition opens: Friday 9 September 2022
Competition closes: Friday 7 October 2022
Announcement of 2022 winners
- An online album of each age category winner has been developed by the Macarthur Councils and can be viewed on our Facebook page
- The winners were announced and shared online via social media, during October 2022 with the winners being contacted ahead of time
- All entries are available to view via Council’s website through Flickr.
For more information please contact our Environmental Education Officer email@example.com.
Friday, 09 September 2022 | 08:30 AM
- Friday, 07 October 2022 | 05:00 PM
Online annual photography competition within the Macarthur area.