Throughout September you can show that Campbelltown Cares by taking part in our Chalk Challenge to spread joy and kindness in your neighbourhood.
Now more than ever we can make a difference to the wellbeing of our community by spreading kindness and showing that we care. Something as simple as bringing a smile to a neighbouring resident's day as they walk past your house or look out the window can really help lift spirits.
With this in mind, we are introducing our September Chalk Challenge. You may have seen some creative artworks outside when taking your hour of outdoor exercise or driving to the grocery store during the current NSW Government stay at home orders.
How you can help spread the joy
This September, we are aiming to spread even more colour and positive messaging throughout the Campbelltown Local Government Area. Here's how you can help spread the joy:
Driveway Chalk Art
Complete a colourful artwork with your household out the front of your property on the concrete or pavement with chalk! Create anything from a bright picture to a message of kindness or positivity and help spread joy to your neighbours and your household. Local businesses who are on site under authorised work can also participate with a positive artwork or message out front of your shop.
- Make sure any children drawing outside are supervised by a parent/guardian at all times and ensure there are no vehicles utilising the the space you are drawing on. Safety is the number one priority.
- Comply with all current NSW Government regulations and remember to keep your artwork within your property line, being sure to not gather outside your property to complete the artwork.
- If you are renting or leasing, you might need to seek permission from the owner of your property.
- Check the chalk you are using is non toxic and you are able to wash it off the concrete if needed.
- If needing to wash it away, try and wash into your lawn or garden beds to be water wise and showing care for the environment.
Not able to draw on your driveway due to mobility, or permission from the owner of your property? You can still get involved through window art! Pop your artwork or positive message up in the window of your house or business.
- Get your creative juices flowing and create your own masterpiece
Enter the Online Competition
Share your art with us and you could go into the draw to win one of six $100 Prezzee e-Gift Cards.
You can enter under one of three categories:
- Best Activity Artwork - create an interactive artwork that facilitates activity, play and leisure. Think hopscotch, noughts and cross etc.
- Most Kind/Positive Messaging - spread joy with a kind quote or message to bring a smile to someone's day.
- Most Artistic Design - be as creative as you can with your drawing/artwork!
Each category will have two individual winners. The Judge's Choice winners will be selected by a panel and the People's Choice winners will be selected online via our Facebook pages.
Terms and Conditions
- All entries to the competition must be submitted via the online form. No entries will be accepted through other methods including social media channels or emails.
- Entries will only be accepted between Wednesday 1 September and Thursday 30 September 2021. No entries will be considered after the competition closing date.
- Entries will be showcased in groups each week on Council's Facebook where people will be able to vote by clicking 'like' or 'love' on the images between Friday 12pm and Monday 12pm each week. Votes will be counted after each weekend and added to the scoreboard. Winners will not be announced until all voting periods have ended during the first week of October 2021.
- Prizes will be awarded under the name provided when entering.
- Entrants must be living in or operating an authorised/essential business within the Campbelltown Local Government Area only.
- Only one entry is permitted by any one person or business. Multiple entries from the same person will not be accepted to ensure equal chances for all participants.
- Council is not responsible for any incidents that may take place as a result of or in conjunction with this competition and personal, property and environmental safety is the responsibility of the entrants. This includes following the NSW Government's current COVID19 restrictions.
- Entries must not include imagery containing material that could be deemed as inappropriate, offensive or considered not relevant to the campaign. This includes but is not limited to language or imagery that is offensive, political in nature, discriminatory or otherwise considered inappropriate. Council reserves the right to use their discretion when determining any material ineligible under these terms.
- By entering this competition participants consent to their artworks being shared on Council's social media, website and other promotional materials.
- All decisions made regarding winners are final.
Find the Art on your Daily Walk
You can also be the one to 'walk the chalk'!
Be sure to get out for your hour of exercise and enjoy a walk around your neighbourhood. Walking can be a great mood booster and now you will have even more reason to smile as you search for positive messages and pops of colour along the way.
We would love to see your photos of the art you find along the way.
- Upload an image on Facebook or Instagram, tag @campbelltowncity and use the hashtag #campbelltowncares.
- Remember to set your photo to public so we can see!
This is a free campaign.
You can enter the chalk challenge any day throughout September 2021 to be in the running to win. Be sure to read all the terms and conditions before entering.