Entries are now open in the ever popular Garden Competition that runs from July through to September each year. It is open to all gardeners in the Campbelltown LGA.
Each year, residents have the opportunity to blossom and bloom in the annual Campbelltown City Garden Competition. This fantastic competition promotes the beautification of our city, showcases local gardening talent and fosters community pride.
If you dig gardening, it's time to showcase your green thumb and enter the Garden Competition. Your efforts could be rewarded with a share of the prize money that is up for grabs.
Competition was fierce last year and we're hoping this year will be no exception! There are 12 fantastic categories to choose from, see below for category details:
|Anne Haddock Best Cottage Garden
||For informal gardens featuring flowering plants and an unstructured design.
|Best New Garden
||For gardens that are part of a house built within the last three years.
|Most Unusual Garden
||This category is open to gardens that feature an interesting use of plants and materials that are built around a theme.
|Best Sustainable Garden
||A garden that incorporates the principles of sustainability including water saving initiatives, material recycling/reusing, sustainable planting and more.
|Best Native Garden
||For the garden which makes the best use of native plants including trees, shrubs, ground cover and grasses.
|Best Edible Garden
||Calling residents who love to eat what they grow! This category is open to residents who have an edible garden of fruit, vegetable and/or herbs.
|Best Small/Medium Garden
||This category is for any garden with a street frontage of 18m or less.
|Best Large Garden
Entrants in this category will have a street frontage of 19m or more.
|Best Senior Citizen Garden
||This category is open to residents who are over 60 years of age at 4 September 2017.
||Highlighting the hard work of gardeners who have a beautiful backyard of any size.
|Best Commercial/Industrial Garden
||Industrial businesses, retail shops, business centres, retirement villages, shopping centres and hospitals are encouraged to enter.
|Best Educational Facility Garden
||Calling on all educational facilities that would like to highlight the grounds of their school.
In 2017 there is more than $4900 in prize money!
- Garden Guru (Overall winner) - $1300
- Green Thumb (overall runner up) - $600
- 12 category winners - $200 each
- 12 category runners up - $50 each
- Entries must be received by 4pm, Monday 4 September 2017.
- Entrants must reside in the Campbelltown Local Government Area.
- All entrants who are entering a residential category can enter a maximum of three.
- Entrants in the Commercial/Industrial and Educational Facility categories are eligible to enter one category only.
- The 2016 Grand Champion is not eligible to enter in 2017.
- Category winners who have won two years consecutively (2015 and 2016) in any one category are not eligible to enter that category in 2017.
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age as at 4 September 2017.
- Entrants agree that photographs of their gardens may be used for judging and promotional purposes.
- Please note - if your garden better fits a category other than the one you selected, it may be changed at the discretion of Council staff or judges.
- Event sponsors are not eligible to enter the competition.
- The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Garden Guru - Gold Sponsor
Ken Shafer Smash Repairs
Green Thumb - Silver Sponsor
Get Smart Technologies