You may want to upgrade your browser. We have detected you are using Internet Explorer 10 or earlier. It is recommended that you update your browser to the latest version to get a better user experience. Find out more

Your JavaScript is disabled, we suggest you enable it to improve your Council website user experience.
Site wide emergency announcement. Site wide alert announcement. Site wide alert resolved. All turf sports grounds across Campbelltown City are currently closed.
Skip to main content Menu
Main Content Anchor

Construction Certificates (CC)

What is a Construction Certificate?

A Construction Certificate (CC) is a certificate that states that building work or subdivision works can commence on a project approved by development consent.

This certificate can be issued by either Council or an Accredited Certifier. Construction Certificates are issued to allow a wide range of works to commence including the building of a shed ,house and swimming pools through to the construction of a subdivision including roads and drainage and large scale commercial and industrial development.

You must obtain a Construction Certificate prior to the commencement of any of the approved development works to which the Construction Certificate application relates.

A Construction Certificate is essentially a permit to start construction works and certifies that:

  • The detailed construction plans and specifications for the development are consistent with the applicable Development Consent and comply with the relevant Council policies;
  • All relevant conditions of the Development Consent have been satisfied;
  • The detailed construction plans and specifications for the development comply with any relevant Australian Standards;
  • All required Developer Contributions and charges have been paid in full.

At what stage do I apply for a Construction Certificate?

You can lodge the Construction Certificate application at the same time as the Development Application. However, a Construction Certificate can only be issued after Development Consent has been granted.

Note: You must have Development Consent to obtain a Construction Certificate. No work may be commenced until you obtain a Construction Certificate for the proposed works(110KB, PDF) and notifiy Council two days in advance of your intention to start work on site .

Back to top Back to top