Campbelltown Arts Centre offers a wide range of guided tours for the general public and community groups.
If you would like to book a tour or find out more information call 02 4645 4100 or email.
Guided Tour of Exhibition, Japanese Gardens and/or Sculpture Garden
Walking tours are available for groups wishing to learn more about our current exhibition, Japanese Gardens and Sculpture Garden. Tours can be adapted to suit interests as well as abilities of your group, enabling visitors to discover the stories and ideas surrounding both permanent collections and changing exhibitions at Campbelltown Arts Centre.
- Options: Please contact the Arts Centre Café to book in a lunch, morning or afternoon tea
- Cost: Free (conditions apply)
- Numbers: Up to 20 people
- Facilitator: C-A-C Arts Educator or voluntary tour guide
- Duration: 20 minutes to 1 hour
Customised tours are available to groups of people with a disability upon request. Tours are personalised according to interests, ages and abilities of group, and can incorporate tactile and sensory components. All tours acknowledge multiple intelligences, utilising hands-on engagement, social interaction components and aim to utilise any identified interests and strengths within your group.
- Options: Tactile tours, Auslan interpreted, practical workshop following tour
- Cost: Negotiable
- Duration: 15 minutes to 1 hour
We are interested in developing audio described tours. Please speak to us if you would like to contribute advice or participate in the development process, or wish to enquire about booking a future audio described tour.
Customised tours of current exhibition or Sculpture Garden are available to groups of people with memory loss or dementia.
- Options: Extended programs. Organisations are welcome to book a series of memory tours over several weeks or on a regular monthly basis. These allow participants to explore different parts of an exhibition, the Sculpture Garden and/or Campbelltown Arts Centre Collection.
- Cost: Free (conditions apply)
- Numbers: Up to 6 people, in addition to carers or support workers
- Facilitator: C-A-C Arts Educator or voluntary tour guide. All facilitators have undertaken on-the-job training in guiding for people with memory loss.
- Duration: 45 minutes
Mothers’ groups, parents’ groups and playgroups are invited to book in for a one off or monthly Baby Tour. These interactive gallery experiences are designed for adults to gain a broader understanding of current exhibition(s) offered in a casual, child friendly format. Depending on ages of children, tours will include practical activities which respond to the exhibition, such as games exploring textures and materials, sound and musical activities, as well as acting, dancing and simple art-making. Strollers, crawlers, sticky fingers and crying all welcome.
- Options: Please contact the Arts Centre Café to book in a lunch, morning or afternoon tea before or after your tour. Exhibition Tours can be followed by a babies and carers workshop, for ages 2+
- Ages: 0 - 5 years and parents, grandparents, carers
- Cost: $50 per group (conditions apply)
- Numbers: Up to 10 children
- Duration: 30 minutes to 1 hour