Your garden organics bin has a green lid and is emptied every second week (on the opposite week to your recycling bin).
If you’re unsure which week your garden organics bin is emptied, use our search tool to check. Or you can get a free Waste and Recycling Collection Calendar from Council, just call us on 02 4645 4000 and ask for one to be sent to you.
What goes in your garden organics bin
- Grass clippings
- Garden prunings
- Small branches (less than 15cm in diameter)
- Leaves and bark
What can't go in your garden organics bin
- No plastic bags
- No food, fruit and vegetable waste
- No soil, stones, bricks or concrete
- No garden tools or plant pots
- No needles
- No nappies
- No animal droppings
- No stumps, large branches or treated timber